• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
paulcolrain

has any member received Retro After BVA GRANT ?

Question

im starting to see a lot of people are and have been in the same boat as me regarding retro and change of rating percentage. this question is to kinda find not a time frame but to solidify that something is really off with VA. obviously right im just starting to feel that maybe since this new Ramp program if the DROs or the processors told to drop some things and pick up on RAMP appeals. my past BVA decisions award came within 3 weeks and now its been over 6 weeks since judge grant.

so please submit answers as a story and a time frame if you could. THANK YOU

• Like 1

Great advice- also it pays to save a few thousand if possible, to hold onto ,in case, at some point you would need an IMO/IME either for a higher rating or for a new claim.

Most banks have a financial advisor.

• Like 1

Tomorrow is day 150 since my TDIU with SMC (s) was granted at BVA.  No change, as far as I can tell.  While I did receive a BVA letter back in August, I haven't heard a peep since then.

If it means that someone who needs money a lot worse will get it sooner, I'm fine with it.  My wife and I aren't going without anything, so I can't complain a whole lot.

Never heard any more from OP paulcolrain, I hope that means he got his award and is living largely.

Posted (edited)

My own BVA appeal was granted on several issues back on October 31st, with two small remanded conditions.  Waited until mid-December to call to check on the status with Peggy, and was told that my appeal was back at the Houston VARO, and they had no further information from there.

I’m at 80%, so I’m still good during the wait for the remaining granted conditions and retro, but I also feel the aggravation that others feel knowing that initial claims have been ripening on the vines for years, only to sit for a few more AFTER the BVA grants awards.

If you want to watch for the pot to boil though, set up a VA.gov account and you can access your “place in line” while you wait for your appeal, along with the VA’s guess on how many appeals are in the VA system, something like 179K today.

They seem to update it after every work day, and for some reason, there is even a small update on Saturday afternoons.  My place in line numbers only change like 50-100 per day, but I’m hoping that this has only been a slow down because of the holidays, and that next week things will begin to move quicker.

I would figure that between the AMC and all of the VARO’s working on appeals that they could get veterans and their grants/remands taken care of much more effectively.

Good luck to you all, and have have a safe and healthy New Year!

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas
  • Like 4

On 1/6/2019 at 8:46 PM, MarkInTexas said:

My own BVA appeal was granted on several issues back on October 31st, with two small remanded conditions.  Waited until mid-December to call to check on the status with Peggy, and was told that my appeal was back at the Houston VARO, and they had no further information from there.

I’m at 80%, so I’m still good during the wait for the remaining granted conditions and retro, but I also feel the aggravation that others feel knowing that initial claims have been ripening on the vines for years, only to sit for a few more AFTER the BVA grants awards.

If you want to watch for the pot to boil though, set up a VA.gov account and you can access your “place in line” while you wait for your appeal, along with the VA’s guess on how many appeals are in the VA system, something like 179K today.

They seem to update it after every work day, and for some reason, there is even a small update on Saturday afternoons.  My place in line numbers only change like 50-100 per day, but I’m hoping that this has only been a slow down because of the holidays, and that next week things will begin to move quicker.

I would figure that between the AMC and all of the VARO’s working on appeals that they could get veterans and their grants/remands taken care of much more effectively.

Good luck to you all, and have have a safe and healthy New Year!

Mark

Watching E-BEN or VA.GOV is a bad idea when it comes to BVA wins, imo. In my case. I watched my BVA win move to the RO and it bounced back and forth from gathering of evidence, to pending notification. A very helpful VA employee and my lawyer told me there isn't a way to accurately check the status. The only sure fire way to check on it is to call peggy and ask if there is a pending deposit. btw, your claiming disappearing from the website doesn't mean it is finished either; unless, it shows up as closed.