VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

has any member received Retro After BVA GRANT ?

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

im starting to see a lot of people are and have been in the same boat as me regarding retro and change of rating percentage. this question is to kinda find not a time frame but to solidify that something is really off with VA. obviously right im just starting to feel that maybe since this new Ramp program if the DROs or the processors told to drop some things and pick up on RAMP appeals. my past BVA decisions award came within 3 weeks and now its been over 6 weeks since judge grant.

so please submit answers as a story and a time frame if you could. THANK YOU

• HadIt.com Elder

If RAMP eliminates the SOC/SSOC   looks like that would come back later and bite the Veteran in the rear end if he is called to a C&P And has nothing to support his claim  that is usually found in the SOC. (jmo)

Choosing to opt into RAMP will effectively withdraw your appeal from the Legacy system.  Once you exit the Legacy appeal process, you cannot go back. 

Due to the lack of information released by the VA regarding RAMP, our experts worry that its implementation may be going too fast, and that the field may not be prepared for it. 

We are advising our clients NOT opt into RAMP because you will be unable to appeal an unfavorable decision to the board until February 2019 at the earliest, and progress made in your Legacy claim will be abandoned.

Source: CCK (Chisholm & Kilpatric LTD)

starting this post my thoughts where for all of us as they still are....... starting this post i was under the assumption that at least 30 or more would chime in stating that they are in the dark with no answers and no where to go after a judges decision.....

im still here and i will still monitor this post but i do need to say theirs light at the end. i do not have retro yet but i do have my AB8 change... im 100 and its perm & total with the com letter... im grateful. but im still concerned about the time frame this is taking for all of us. i will tell all that this new thing on e benefits is exactly 30 calendar days since i reported on the white house hotline expressing my concern .

though i do not believe it should matter i will say that,

1 im not retiered

2 i dont owe money

3 i was not involved with a remand this time

4 judge granted diagnostic code

5 judge granted percentage

6 judge granted effective date///

so then the taxpayer software they use needed to push out a win sooner than later because the down seem issues just not there for them to argue.

Edited by paulcolrain

My husband is in Legacy.  He received his decision on March 7.  Increased rating on Migraines and remand on TDIU.  His increased grant increased his overall rating to 70%.  This has still not been implemented.  He is also supposed to get retro back to 2005.  No sign of that either.  Ebenefits appeals status just says "remanded appeal".  We are approaching 7 months since the BVA grant and No change in anything that we know of.

Was just informed today by my rep that I have been rated 20 percent on my shoulder going back to Jan 2012. Just waiting on the RO ro implement and send out the award letter. The rep sent out a email last week regarding their pay from VA and finally it's getting done. Granted by bva May 1st.

... regarding after bva decision... i can attest that,,,if its a final decision without a remand that has nothing to do with grant and if your not retired and your not getting a pention and you do not owe any money to va and that the judge granted a percentage and an effective date.... 6 weeks wait... you can call whitehouse line and wait 6 weeks you should have.

Edited by paulcolrain

Paul Colrain, we just received the 90% percent showing up finally in ebennies, an got 1 month check for the extra 10 percent.  Called Peggy and was told they sent out letter, which we have not got yet.  It supposedly says they have sent it to dfas.  I told him coast guard, was his pay center.  But just realized it should not have to even go to pay center.  There wold not be any adjustment between the two. I think all they have to consider is any pay raises the va may have given us.    I think they are just stalling time.