VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

has any member received Retro After BVA GRANT ?

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

im starting to see a lot of people are and have been in the same boat as me regarding retro and change of rating percentage. this question is to kinda find not a time frame but to solidify that something is really off with VA. obviously right im just starting to feel that maybe since this new Ramp program if the DROs or the processors told to drop some things and pick up on RAMP appeals. my past BVA decisions award came within 3 weeks and now its been over 6 weeks since judge grant.

so please submit answers as a story and a time frame if you could. THANK YOU

This is Day #84 since BVA granted me TDIU with SMC (s) plus several other direct and secondary issues, with two minor remands.  I got bored sitting around the house today, so I called Peggy.

Got a very nice and seemingly helpful guy who, with a little coaxing, gave me just enough info to make me think maybe it'll be soon, or maybe it'll be awhile.  

First, don't know if it is good, bad, or indifferent, but the claim is apparently at Lincoln, Nebraska for promulgation.  My VARO is Waco, Texas, so I'm unsure why the geographical re-lo of my claim, but maybe that's good.  Peggy really wasn't sure of reason either.

He checked my case out in the system, and said there was activity on my file in mid-September and at the end of September.  He had no idea what that might mean, really.

At first, he thought I should have to wait until EVERYTHING, including those two remands, has been resolved before I see any actual change in my rating or in my bank account.  I told him that shouldn't really be the case, because the TDIU and SMC (s) weren't waiting for the other granted issues, those new items are all in addition to the IU & SMC grant (which were granted on issues that were already SC as of the Effective Date, and did not draw on the newly-granted stuff.)  He agreed that my thought process is correct, that it would make no difference if they rated all the other stuff at 0% or 10,000%, because they're not intertwined.  Therefore, IN THEORY, I should get the increase irregardless of all of that other stuff.    

So, that's what I learned.  Which, when you add it all up, 💩 means that for about $1.00, I can go get a cup of coffee, but the inner workings of the VA will ever remain shrouded in secrecy, and I will probably get paid something someday, or if they wait long enough, it can all go to my wife or our estate.  

So, on paper, I'm nearly wealthy.  😂

"Peggy" is what we call the 1-800-827-1000 #

because of this commercial:

https://community.hadit.com/topic/69514-peggy-for-newbees/

The White House Veteran's  Hot line, for valid complaints ,  is  1-855-948-2311

In my last Peggy inquiry ( a week ago) I asked about a dependency claim filed July 4 AND about the grant from March 7 that has still not been implemented.  Their response was that the dependency claim (simple claim for child in college) was awaiting finalization of the March 7 BVA grant.  So apparently EVERYTHING is intertwined.  I'm hoping this means the BVA grant implementation is CLOSE???  in addition, if everything is intertwined, then the GRANT will probably not be settled until the REMAND on TDIU is finished...............  8 months still waiting.

Ok my hubbys remand is in Cheyenne Wyoming and regional offic in st Pete is supposedly handling retro pay for the 20% extra on increase in diabetes.  You can never get ahold of them thru the 800 number.  Geuss what I got numbers to there personal office.  Calling them tomorrow. Will probably be get rimmed. And want to know how we got them.  Never telling them.

I am in the same boat. I have a partial grant of 6 issues that were increased and one issue that is remanded. My VA attorney can see my info in my VBMS system but she said that my file was sent to the NEW AMC team. Apparently there is a new AMC department that is handling appeals other than the one that has been around. My attorney also told me that RAMP is causing appeal to go to AMC and be handled slower. My case is advanced on the docket and it is still moving at a snails pace.