VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

has any member received Retro After BVA GRANT ?

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

im starting to see a lot of people are and have been in the same boat as me regarding retro and change of rating percentage. this question is to kinda find not a time frame but to solidify that something is really off with VA. obviously right im just starting to feel that maybe since this new Ramp program if the DROs or the processors told to drop some things and pick up on RAMP appeals. my past BVA decisions award came within 3 weeks and now its been over 6 weeks since judge grant.

so please submit answers as a story and a time frame if you could. THANK YOU

That sound I ain't hearin' is that backpay deposit that ain't ka-chingin'!

Last time I posted on this thread was October 30.  Now I'm at day 114 since BVA granted me TDIU w/ SMC(s).  The December deposit in my bank account this morning was exactly the same 70% amount as usual, meaning the increase hasn't yet been promulgated.

Oh well, instead of getting bent over what I don't have, I'll remain grateful for what I do have.  

All right, this id day 123 since BVA granted me 100% TDIU and SMC(s) retro to 2009.  Still no news of activity on it.

I called Peggy today.  After a 12-minute hold, I talked to a know-it-all rep who knew next-to-nothing, and it took me 5 minutes to get that out of him.  

He began by telling me that it is waiting action on the remanded items, and that they'll have to be addressed before any money comes my way.  I pointed out to him that the two remanded items should not hold up the award of TDIU and SMC(s), because there will be no effect on the IU/SMC amounts.  He then said that the VARO will have to figure out ratings and amounts and Effective Dates.  I explained that those issues are addressed in the BVA grant;  the Effective Date is Nov. 2009, and no matter what my other issues are rated, I will be TDIU with SMC(S), so the VA is SUPPOSED to put my new ratings into effect regardless of remand items.

I don't know why I was wasting my breath or my time, there's nothing that the Peggy rep is going to do.

After wasting 20+ minutes of my life, I know as much now as I knew yesterday, or last week, or last August 7th.

I was hoping to at least get a new AB8 letter so I won't have to pay property taxes on my homestead, but it's not happening today.

Oh well, I just need to hurry up and wait some more.  With Christmas just a couple of weeks away, there probably won't be anything happening at ANY VARO anywhere until January or later.  

I haven't seen any postings by the O.P. of this thread since over a month ago.  I hope this means paulcolrain got his deposit and is enjoying life about now!

I got mine in record time. Only problem is I only got about half because the VA paid me another veteran's amount and paid that veteran my amount.... I'm beginning to think they could hire people off the street and they'd do a better job than the VA's current employees.

Just got off the phone with Peggy and was told my BVA grant was rated at 20%. BUT, because I have a remand with the same appeal, they are waiting for everything to be finished before they pay me. SMH. This is from a grant and remand dates May 1st.

Edited by hume0351

My wife called Peggy today and they told her my rating stuff at the RO and that its pending but that they didn't know how long that would take and there is no way to contact the RO. I also was told that as I am aware, I have one issue remanded as well on the same appeal and that the AMC is reviewing the details sent over by the BVA. It can take 7-17 months for a remand to be completed. I went down to the Detroit RO office to see if there was anyone I could talk to and they all sit behind literally locked door that align a hallway and you have to use a key to get into their tiny little storage space office. Everyone at the front desk was sitting on their cell phones looking at Facebook. So I did some more research and appears the Inspector General has already been inspecting my RO for complaints against them just last year.

Edited by Dukesters

8 minutes ago, Dukesters said:

My wife called Peggy today and they told her my rating stuff at the RO and that its pending but that they didn't know how long that would take and there is no way to contact the RO. I also was told that as I am aware, I have one issue remanded as well on the same appeal and that the AMC is reviewing the details sent over by the BVA. It can take 7-17 months for a remand to be completed. I went down to the Detroit RO office to see if there was anyone I could talk to and they all sit behind literally locked door that align a hallway and you have to use a key to get into their tiny little storage space office. Everyone at the front desk was sitting on their cell phones looking at Facebook. So I did some more research and appears the Inspector General has already been inspecting my RO for complaints against them just last year.

Report what you saw and your issue to the WH number.