VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

has any member received Retro After BVA GRANT ?

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

im starting to see a lot of people are and have been in the same boat as me regarding retro and change of rating percentage. this question is to kinda find not a time frame but to solidify that something is really off with VA. obviously right im just starting to feel that maybe since this new Ramp program if the DROs or the processors told to drop some things and pick up on RAMP appeals. my past BVA decisions award came within 3 weeks and now its been over 6 weeks since judge grant.

so please submit answers as a story and a time frame if you could. THANK YOU

My own BVA appeal was granted on several issues back on October 31st, with two small remanded conditions.  Waited until mid-December to call to check on the status with Peggy, and was told that my appeal was back at the Houston VARO, and they had no further information from there.

I’m at 80%, so I’m still good during the wait for the remaining granted conditions and retro, but I also feel the aggravation that others feel knowing that initial claims have been ripening on the vines for years, only to sit for a few more AFTER the BVA grants awards.

If you want to watch for the pot to boil though, set up a VA.gov account and you can access your “place in line” while you wait for your appeal, along with the VA’s guess on how many appeals are in the VA system, something like 179K today.

They seem to update it after every work day, and for some reason, there is even a small update on Saturday afternoons.  My place in line numbers only change like 50-100 per day, but I’m hoping that this has only been a slow down because of the holidays, and that next week things will begin to move quicker.

I would figure that between the AMC and all of the VARO’s working on appeals that they could get veterans and their grants/remands taken care of much more effectively.

Good luck to you all, and have have a safe and healthy New Year!

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas

On 1/6/2019 at 8:46 PM, MarkInTexas said:

My own BVA appeal was granted on several issues back on October 31st, with two small remanded conditions.  Waited until mid-December to call to check on the status with Peggy, and was told that my appeal was back at the Houston VARO, and they had no further information from there.

I’m at 80%, so I’m still good during the wait for the remaining granted conditions and retro, but I also feel the aggravation that others feel knowing that initial claims have been ripening on the vines for years, only to sit for a few more AFTER the BVA grants awards.

If you want to watch for the pot to boil though, set up a VA.gov account and you can access your “place in line” while you wait for your appeal, along with the VA’s guess on how many appeals are in the VA system, something like 179K today.

They seem to update it after every work day, and for some reason, there is even a small update on Saturday afternoons.  My place in line numbers only change like 50-100 per day, but I’m hoping that this has only been a slow down because of the holidays, and that next week things will begin to move quicker.

I would figure that between the AMC and all of the VARO’s working on appeals that they could get veterans and their grants/remands taken care of much more effectively.

Good luck to you all, and have have a safe and healthy New Year!

Mark

Watching E-BEN or VA.GOV is a bad idea when it comes to BVA wins, imo. In my case. I watched my BVA win move to the RO and it bounced back and forth from gathering of evidence, to pending notification. A very helpful VA employee and my lawyer told me there isn't a way to accurately check the status. The only sure fire way to check on it is to call peggy and ask if there is a pending deposit. btw, your claiming disappearing from the website doesn't mean it is finished either; unless, it shows up as closed.

10 hours ago, 11cvolley said:

Watching E-BEN or VA.GOV is a bad idea when it comes to BVA wins, imo. In my case. I watched my BVA win move to the RO and it bounced back and forth from gathering of evidence, to pending notification. A very helpful VA employee and my lawyer told me there isn't a way to accurately check the status. The only sure fire way to check on it is to call peggy and ask if there is a pending deposit. btw, your claiming disappearing from the website doesn't mean it is finished either; unless, it shows up as closed.

Thanks!  Several of my claimed conditions show as closed and granted, and of course the two straggler remands, which the BBE confirmed a couple of months ago.  I'm just sitting in "hide and watch" mode right now.  The ebenefits and VA.gov sites are more of a way to keep from sitting on the Peggy line for an hour when they tell you the wait time is "5 minutes" at the beginning of the call.

I learned a long time ago not to take much stock in what VONAPP, ebenefits or the new VA.gov site show as for as prophesizing what will or may happen, and use them more as tools to manage my own current awards and benefeits, etc.  However, I confess that I really enjoy watching the little VA.gov appeal status bar each day to see where I am.  54,203 Yesterday!

Have a good one!

Mark

5/13/13 filed claim for total left parotidectomy ~ squamous cell cancer of parotid gland metastasized through out neck.  Agent Orange exposure.  BVA grant 3/22/19 ~ received most of retroactive pay 5/8/19 (in different increments a total of six deposits made to my account all on 5/8) ~ had C & P exam 5/9/19 for additional residuals ~ received another determination of rating 5/14/19 ~ have not received retro pay for adjusted rating as of 5/28/19.