VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AB8 Letter Generated on Ebenifits, it’s official 100%P&T

Rate this topic

silverdollar22

Final update! I just signed into E-bennifits and the AB8 letter just got updated! I guess it’s really true!!!!! Effective date 1 May 18. My wife can finally breathe and give me a fist bump 👊!!!!!! Champagne Anyone?????

Congratulations.

My AB8 updated the first week of Sept. with a claim date of the 16th of august 100% P&T for PTSD . Pay date being 1 Sept. I  have not yet received any pay (I am expecting it to appear in the 1 Oct check plus a months back pay for Sept).  I have also not yet received the BBE.

I am curious, did you get your BBE yet? and oddly enough is it still a Big Brown Envelope? The reason I ask that second question is that I did receive an letter with the rating information, but no IDC codes and it says I am bumped to 100% P&T. Nothing else in the envelope except a piece of white paper saying if I disagreed with the decision I could appeal.

In my initial rating I received the Big Brown Envelope and there was a lot of stuff in it, including a pink form to protest the decision. That same pink paper has come with almost every communication about any decision from the VA in my previous Region, which was New Orleans. Having moved to Seattle this is the first communication I have gotten and I am curious if the BBE has changed or if the formats are different depending on RO.

Again, congratulations on the bump.

Thanks , congratulations to you also!!! My first payment is also 1 October with a little back pay. Every correspondence that I received from the Va had been BWE ✉️(white)!  And no I haven’t received it yet! Just ebenifits status. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see together. We should get all the paperwork for chapter 35 and CHAMPVA as well as post privileges. Lots of stuff still to do but, in the meantime we can do more homework on everything else we can get! Keep us posted and congratulations again👍

On 9/21/2018 at 11:02 AM, silverdollar22 said:

meantime we can do more homework on everything else we can get!

Silver,

Thanks for the response here and congrats again on your awards.

I know I tend to get impatient when left in limbo and ebenefits statuses are the definition of limbo in my mind.

I worry about crossing up claims and unintentionally delaying my own claims.

Until just a few days ago I did not realize the filing an intent hard sets the Effective Date and I don't have to actually complete the filing for year. This is of concern since I don't currently have my c-file which has the proofs I need for some claims

Also before I got my C&P bump to 100% I was advised to file a TDIU claim, because "how much money can you afford to lose by waiting" logic. Had I known the effective date was set by Intent to File I would not have submitted the TDIU claim and several associated secondary claims. Now that I am at `100% P&T the TDIU claim should be moot and the bent brain secondaries will not likely go anywhere as I understand them.

That leaves reopening my bilateral hearing loss which has no rating but is listed as not service connected. The C&P said I have bilateral hearing loss, but only looked at one of my enlistments to decide if it was service connected. I have not had jobs in high volume noise areas since leaving the service and my entrance hearing exam was normal, so that leaves SC. I need the c-file to prove the c&p error.

I have a claim for ED and have had a C&P on that since the PTSD Review that bumpted me to 100% but it is currently listed as part of the same claim mentioned above.

I have never claimed Sleep Apnea as SC primary or secondary so that claim will have to be on its own, and as I understand things with a 100% P&T on a single item, the secondary will not help me in terms of compensation.

I have to get my c-file as I am now officially pre-diabetic, stage 1 hypertensive and have long standing foot and ankle issues that have not been claimed. I am overweight too. My records will show the weight increase, incidents of high blood pressure near current levels and high glucose readings independent of my PTSD nexus.

If I had an extra 360 bucks I would buy Chris Attig's entire library of books and training but I just cannot afford it.

Congrats again, check your messages I sent you one.

You can go it alone or do like I did and hire an attorney but, as you already stated your at 100% P&T so you have the max compensation unless you can get smk for House bound. I’m not really sure on all that smk or other compensation above 100% so you would have to ask the experts. I’m going to concentrate on SSDI after I rest my brain for awhile and try to soak up or late this soak in. Like I said this is bitter sweet!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use