VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AB8 Letter Generated on Ebenifits, it’s official 100%P&T

Rate this topic

silverdollar22

• HadIt.com Elder

We veterans that are S.C. for a disability and receive compensation  we should not have to worry about the VA taking it away.

I mean they say we deserve these benefits and we prove to them in there own system to adjudicate our claims and once approved  they should just leave us the hell alone!

.I mean stress is bad for the body and mind we have better things to do than worry if they are going to sneak up on us  unexpected and take our benefits away.. eh!

so they should pass a Law to when a Veteran is Adjudicated  then that is for the rest of his/her life time..

I mean why do we have to wait 20 years  come on...

President Trump seems like a no non sense President  hopefully he will make the VA ...>A  No non sense VA

Edited by Buck52

I agree Buck.  This is where the VSO's get their spiel about not rocking the boat and getting your benefits reduced.  After a ten year battle I was awarded 100% scheduler P&T and the first thing a VSO said was to not try for EED because they might lower my disability rate.  The thought of them lowering my benefits is beyond the pale. 

My VSO's said the same thing:  Dont try for an increase, they will decrease you instead.  Whew!  Im glad I did not listen to that advice!!  Taking that advice, out of fear, costs Veterans money.  Instead, continue appealing until you get all the benefits you deserve (not necessarily 100%, SMC S backdated to 1892. )  

If you sincerely feel your effective date is wrong, or the percent is too low, then appeal.  YOU know much more about your disabilities than any VSO...after all, you LIVED them, he did not.  

• HadIt.com Elder

That's right broncovet

I have some records missing in my c-file that would help me get a better EED...

I can't seem to find it in my pile of records here at  the house  but I do remember reading about it.in my award  letter reasons and bases ...my new CD C-File has a lot of records missing and it just happens to be the ones I need to prove my EED.

However I am holding off filing a Reopen Claim   Since this was back in 2002...without this evidence I need I know I will be denied.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use