VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"Award returned to local VSR for correction"?

Rate this question

SKScott

Question

Hello, everyone!  I've been on this site reading all the valuable information while I waited for my new claims to process.  A local VSO initiated my intent to file, back in March of this year, and I brought in all of the requested documents for an appointment on July 11.  This is when the file was formally submitted to the VA. I had two new claims. I was given two C&P appointments, for each issue...one in July, and the other in August.  I called Peggy to find out the status, last Thursday, and I was told that my file had been updated that very day.  It appeared there was a rating decision, but I would have to wait for the BBE to find out the details.  I checked the site again, a few days later.  I finally could see that I had been rated (at 70%) for one issue, but the second issue (bilateral pes planus) had been deferred.  On Ebenefits, the entire claim, it appeared, went from "preparing for notification," back to the "gathering evidence" stage.  When I called for an explanation, I was told that it possibly needed another signature, but Peggy wasn't for sure.  Peggy also said that, according to the notes, there was nothing that the VA needed from me.  Today, my Ebenefits account was updated, and it had new information.  The new information was put under claim status as "Request 2: Award returned to local VSR for correction."  (I inserted a link below to a screenshot of my claim status.)  Is anyone familiar with this issue and can explain what it means?

Screenshot of claim status

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Pretty much exactly what it says. The reasons that it could go back for  correction could be so many that it really doesnt do much good to speculate on it. Ive had a claim go from preparation for notification to gathering evidence several times in a week or two right before its actually completed. They don't have a claim status for every possible situation, and something needed to be corrected on yours, so they put it under that status. Its really not worth it to worry about it all that much. 

FYI- The peggy reps can't see all that much more, if anything, than you can, on Ebenefits. Thats why the website was created- to give another option to veterans rather than waiting on the phone for a rep to tell them what they could look up on their own. 

Yes, I know everyone wants to hold what ebenefts says as gospel, and to get advanced notice that they can count on.  

Neither of these apply.   In all cases, rather than speculate on what ebenefits says, you have to wait for the decision.  You would be better off asking your 5 year old neighbor kid for an explanation, and his would likely be more reliable.  Wait for the envelope, then decide what to do.  

But whatever you do don’t ask Peggy again anything if you can it’s more frustrating. But if your able too,  I have always had luck actually going to the RO and see the person face to face. But then again I only live ten minutes away from the RO. They can and will explain to you the reasoning not some BS answer on the phone..