VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

odd question about the BBE

Rate this topic

GeekySquid

3 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Both awards came in the small white packet  both with less paper work.

Buck,

Thanks for the reply. your reasoning about your own awards does make a kind of sense. It might be that since this was a Review of the existing award with a bump in rating, that VA has decided to save paper. Gee the VA going Green, whodathunkit.

I do agree with "saving" everything, but in this particular moment I have moved from one state to another and I have my paperwork in storage back in New Orleans until I settle in here. It is the same reason I don't have the paper copy of my C-file that took me 8 tries to get and finally showed up 3 years after my last request for it. DERP!

I felt it safest to put all that paper in storage until life was settled here as I was not expecting to be hit with the Review C&P that showed up when I changed RO's to Seattle from New Orleans. I am still not sure I will permanently stay here in Seattle so the 3K shipping cost to move my stuff here doesn't make financial sense. Storage units in New Orleans are way cheaper than in Seattle, go figure. 

Don't get me wrong, I am glad for the Review and the bump, but it has added to my anxiety about different things and since I have not yet been paid for the bump, my mind keeps digging up questions that add to the anxiety.

thanks again for your response, now back to my obsessing over things I cannot change...DUH!

• HadIt.com Elder

I Received my CDROM  C-FILE DISK in a 5x5 white packet the CD was in the middle.

I just open it and the CD was there.and yes it is so much better than all the paper.

when you get it Use the Acrobat pro reader  copy it into your computer and put the CD up for safe keeping.

2 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

copy it into your computer and put the CD up for safe keeping.

That is my intention.

I plan on making multiple copies of the CD and have them securely stored. I am also going to write a script to first index all of them, pull out every doc by form number and date and content and organize those into folders.

I should then be able to automate a naming/numbering convention to be able to print copies and sort by the cross-tabs. This will beat manually  going through the two plus reams of paper that came with my printed copy and doing that same thing that way.

Scripts can make our life so much easier when dealing with data. Once the sorting is done, I can do things like looking in the Med folder for instance, pulling out all the hearing exam results or blood pressure results and chart them showing patterns over time.

Just looking at the Ebenefits data I see a few dozen blood pressure tests (all in the stage 1 hypertension range and have yet to have a VA doc say anything about that). I expect to find around a 100 BP readings in my full c-file. Digging through all those pages one at a time, transferring data into excel, noting the dates etc, and then creating a graph would take hours if not days. A script will do it in minutes. 

the same goes for weight, eye exams, hearing exams, blood tests etc.

IF it works out well, I may even ask veterans here to try it on their own docs to see if it might be a good tool to help us understand our files and patterns in our tests.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I understand about moving away from your RO to another new RO  but during a claim it does make it harder on the veteran  ...just get the medical records you need to apply with your claim  if you have most of your records in storage else where...

I Love  Seattle but never wanted to live there  to cold and rainy for me and my bones

But  try not to cry to bad today when my Dallas Cowboys come to town today and whip up on your Seahawks..😀  24-17 Dallas.

Yes I agree making the CD easy to find things  I used the Arcobat Pro Reader for that. makes is soooo much easier to find things in it.

Edited by Buck52

Just now, Buck52 said:

Dallas Cowboys come to town today and whip up on your Seahawks

funny. I actually like the Cowboys, but as a new resident I will probably have to go with the Seahawks.

The Seattle RO told me they don't have a computer or person available where I can go into the VBMS and get the files I need and the one person in the American Legion up here that I have found who can see into the VBMS does not have printing rights.

She works in the same building as the RO and is willing to try and get them to print stuff, but that is a lot of extra work for her considering the number of vets and hearings she is involved with.

Right this minute I have placed an Intent to File for Sleep Apnea which needs documents from my Military records. I have had a VA sleep study and they issued a CPAP, but I cannot see the actual test results from that to take to an IMO to provide additional support.

I did find out that a change to the law and regs has occurred for SA, in that yes the VA MUST do a sleep study but they now acknowledge that in-service documentation of testing is not the required evidence of a nexus, but it is helpful if it exists. This link is what triggered me to look into the change in law

https://avvamartinsburg.org/2017/02/08/sleep-apnea-sample-letter/

I also need Military med records for the issues with my feet and my blood glucose problems, weight and my pre-diabetic readings. When I was getting out being checked for Cholesterol was a brand new thing and even the base docs at Jax didn't know what to do with the information.

So with the ITF's in place I have some breathing room for that C-File CDROM to show up.

Until that CD arrives I will probably continue to obsess and ask lots of questions about stuff others just know or accept. LOL

• HadIt.com Elder

Well the better team won today  THE SEAHAWKS KICK THE COWBOYS ASSPERALO  PRETTY GOOD. maybe next time...The cowboys lost, Unfortunately   its getting to be routine.

I eat CROW.😥

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use