VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seeking Guidance: C&P Re-examination and Processing Claims

Rate this question

Ocean

Question

Good Evening,

At the beginning of September, I opened a claim for ED which I have been actively working to get organized with medical notes and a DBQ. Three days later, the VA issued a C&P Re-examination appointment for my lower back; which I understand is normal. The concern that I have is that the estimated time for the re-examination claim to be completed is October 5th, with the VA appointment on 9/25. This seems incredibly fast. The concern I have is, will the VA complete a RE claim individually or does everything get processed together; like any other claim?

I have a few other items of concern (Sleep Apnea, Unstable Scars, Tinnitus, Voiding Dysfunction) that I intend to submit and have been just keeping them in a file cabinet as I was already rated 100%. I was considering just submitting everything that has accumulated over the past few years with their related DBQs and ongoing treatments. Any thoughts?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah  but don't get your hopes up  some times we think the examiner did a good job and is going to give us a favorable report   to only be stab in the back.

hopefully she will give you a favorable report  just have to wait and see,?

this  C&P Exam was obviously contracted out?

The contractor for this exam should have sent you all the information as to  the date /time /location and how to contact them and information on how to file travel pay and how to request a copy of this exam after a certain period of time. with fax # and office #  ect,,,ect,,,

After  two weeks or so you should contact the VBA (veterans benefit administration) in person and request a copy of this exam.,just give them the date  of the exam and sign a FOIA .Release of medical records..your entitled to one free copy.

Normally if it was done by the VA then you only need to wait 3 days then go to medical records release of information and request a copy.

but contracted C&P take longer  they have to make the report and then send it to the VA   So usually it takes about 2 weeks to be recorded by the VA And Placed in your records file.

Thank you Buck,

The CP exam was done by the VA, but was completed at a much smaller facility (https://www.phoenix.va.gov/locations/southeast.asp). The building is designed to only assist about 14,000 veterans; where I am sure the main Phoenix VA is at least 100x that.

I have requested a copy of my exams in the past, but I have seen a section for all uploaded documents on eBenefits. Do they not get uploaded like that? I thought that was how a lot of people were copy/pasting their CP information on these forums. If not, I will type up another FOIA and have it ready for next week. When it comes to the VA, I always expect the worst but hope for the best. However, there is really no reason for the CP examiner to stab me, I have enough wounds from OIF/OEF.

Edited by Ocean

I have been browsing this website since this all started, I wish I found it years ago. Based on what I have read, I should qualify for SMC (L), as when I suffer with spinal flare ups and/or migraines, my wife has to tend to me. It did say regular aid, it didnt specify; but I need her about 4 days out of the week on average - sometimes everyday. Once these claims process, it seems like the VA should award it based on common sense, right? Or, am I missing a step?

• HadIt.com Elder

Ocean ,

I think the Myhealthvet notes UNDER THE BLUE BUTTON you can get copies of the exam done by the VA 

I'm not sure if its one ebenefits or not?

I don't think I ever seen them ?  but if its there sure try to upload them and make yourself a copy or two.

being this C&P was done by the VA you should be able to get a copy by next Tuesday or after 3 days of the exam...but it maybe a day or two later

If the rater reads all your conditions and the Dr's Specify the severity of them AND MENTION YOU DO NEED ASSISTANCE FROM SOMEONE   they should award you the fullest benefits allowed by law  as a mandatory rating  but some times they don't do that   after you get your decision obviously you will know rather or not they inferred the SMC L  

On 9/29/2018 at 5:14 AM, Buck52 said:

... you will know rather or not they inferred the SMC L  ...

Question, if you do not mind. I am guessing SMC L and Spousal A/A is different - right? Is there a link that outlines specifics for spousal benefits and what to keep an eye open for?