VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSDI?....

Rate this question

Bluntly

Question

Is it true or has anyone heard the saying that "no news is good news"?.....if so please enlighten me on this. This is what i was told by one of the agents on the phone 1800#

Currently waiting for a hearing but believe i may have a fully favorable decision before my hearing. Did anyone else have a decision decided before the hearing while waiting to be scheduled for one, please enlighten me on this process also.

Edited by Bluntly

Well, no.  "No news" isnt good news, when it comes to VA.  It simply means you have to wait, and it could still be denied.  Time delays are not the Veterans friend...with VA many Veterans die before they get to see one cent of VA benefits, and this is just the way VA likes it.  

Yes, it is possible, and happens sometimes, that the hearing officer feels you have the evidence to award present, and you need not even go through the hearing...he can just award.  But then, you could win the lottery, also, and not need the money...

Now i know one may not have to do with the other or maybe?...

A couple days ago i received a huge deposit from the VA but at first i assumed it was from disability because that's the only thing i am expecting. Comes to find out the VA got my effective date for TDIU wrong instead of Dec. 17, 2017 they awarded me from Nov. 16, 2016. Now how in the world did they find that error because i had never alerted them on anything even tho i did feel they lowballed me on my effective date? Remind u i just got awarded IU around June of this year with retro included.

Did ssa have anything to do with that? There's no way a VA employee is just opening a random veteran folder without being alerted on something right? So i called the office that's handling my ssdi claim and was inform my case was transferred to a different office now. When i called that office the person informed me that I'm ready for a hearing and that i should be receiving something in the mail soon.

I should have a hearing around the end of February or beginning of March but don't quote her on it lol. Last but not least is this a good sign that im heading towards an approval? I've been flagged as critical since Sept. 20th of this year.

Edited by Bluntly

On 9/24/2018 at 12:28 PM, Bluntly said:

Is it true or has anyone heard the saying that "no news is good news"?.....if so please enlighten me on this. This is what i was told by one of the agents on the phone 1800#

Currently waiting for a hearing but believe i may have a fully favorable decision before my hearing. Did anyone else have a decision decided before the hearing while waiting to be scheduled for one, please enlighten me on this process also.

go to your ebenefits account...check the letters, the benefits summary will tell you what you have, dates that they approved it and everything...the section telling you what your disabilities are will let you know what they approved...

If you think they goofed dont spend the $$. If they catch it, it comes out of your monthly deposits till its paid back. Just let the dust settle before getting all happy joy joy and new car kinda stuff.

"Comes to find out the VA got my effective date for TDIU wrong instead of Dec. 17, 2017 they awarded me from Nov. 16, 2016. Now how in the world did they find that error because i had never alerted them on anything even tho i did feel they lowballed me on my effective date? Remind u i just got awarded IU around June of this year with retro included.

Did ssa have anything to do with that? "That is possible.

If I understand this correctly.

My husband filed for TDIU 6 months before he died.

Meantime he had received SSDI solely for his 30% SC PTSD in his lifetime. He died and I had to finish his pending claims.

When VA got the SSDI award notice they finally reversed a denial  to me and awarded him posthumously-100% SC  P  & T for PTSD with a favorable EED of November 1994, the last day he worked, due to PTSD, per SSA.

The actual regulations are here somewhere on that regulation.I think it is if you get SSDI solely for SC within one year of your claim for TDIU.

I dont have time to search for the regs on that above- but it makes sense that entitlement began ( regarding my husband) on the last day he worked, because SSDI awards are in essence, an independent medical opinion that determines one can no longer work due to their disability.