VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

bva grant, waiting on rating and efective date.

Rate this question

Troxell

Question

I received a letter from the BVA dated May 24 , 2018 stating that I had been granted service connection for some issues and a remand for other issues. I am still waiting on an effective date and rating. My question is will the VA implement the grant while waiting on the remand? how long does this process usually take? I was ok while my case was on appeal but since I received my grant I have went crazy. I check e benefits 3 times a day and i cannot stop wondering what my new rating is. How long does this process take? I thought I had won my case but nothing has changed. sooo tired of waiting on the VA. Any info on time would be great or any suggestions to speed this up.

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was going through the same thing. I have a grant and remand from May 1st. My rep finally sent a email to whoever they go through to get paid last week. He called me yesterday and told me my rating and said it should be implemented anywhere from 10 to 90 days now. Now I'm just waiting for the new c&p exam ordered by the bva and getting this remand finished.

Four months after a BVA decision is not really "expiditious treatment".  You should have received "at least" an implementing decision from your VARO along with a rating decision and effective date, plus retro.  

The remand portion can take a bit longer.  

I suggest:

1.  Contact IRIS and explain what you posted, and ask the status on implementing your BVA appeal.  

2.  Consider contacting the white house with the same question.  Also, consider contacting your BVA ombudsman, and your representative, if you have one.  

3.  After you have done the above, and the VA still has not replied with at least some satisfaction, you can consider a writ of mandamus to compel VARO to implement the BVA decision.  

Thank you for these suggestions. I will give it a try. Anything to keep my mind busy. and good luck with your remand Hume0351

Once the BVA makes a decision it needs to go to the original RO for them to grant a percentage and release funds.  Unfortunately the RO does not work any faster on BVA decisions in my experience.  My attorney sent a letter stating that the next correspondence would be a writ of mandamus and this got them working on my last remand.  Unless you have someone to file a writ or you have the knowledge to file the writ you need to follow Broncovet's advice and contact the IRIS or the Whitehouse.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Omg, just so sick of the run around.  from everyone.  Called Peggy, and he says they have not got audit back from the coast guard pa office Ras.  Called uscg ras office and she said they had gotten it on oct 3 from va.  And they have 90 days to get it back in.   Do they have to do audit every time you get an increase?  He did see the one they did when he was at 50 to 80 %.   Oh.  Btw he is retired from the uscg. We are supposed to get a bit of retro back.  They have paid the monthly increase for sept. And Oct.  

on another note, I ask about the remand for kidney disease and Tdiu.  He Peggy, said, it was sent back to the ro to do what the bva instructed them to do. In our case send out a form to file for tdiu.  Which we did.  Then we had to upload the employers address.  Then it goes back to the bva  for decision.  So now I wonder do we go back to end of line now?  

Heres my other question, after we filed  for the tdiu, which they told him to file for,  they sent a letter saying that there was a claim filed in Jan of 2012 and we could not have two in.  We didn’t file one in Jan of 2012.  Could this be a cue on their part.  That was at the same time we filed for the increase in diabetes and chronic kidney failure sc to diabetes.  They did not send us anything at that time to file for  tdiu at that time.  In fact they denied it at the ro.  So is this their way of covering up a mistake?