Announcements

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Troxell

bva grant, waiting on rating and efective date.

Question

I received a letter from the BVA dated May 24 , 2018 stating that I had been granted service connection for some issues and a remand for other issues. I am still waiting on an effective date and rating. My question is will the VA implement the grant while waiting on the remand? how long does this process usually take? I was ok while my case was on appeal but since I received my grant I have went crazy. I check e benefits 3 times a day and i cannot stop wondering what my new rating is. How long does this process take? I thought I had won my case but nothing has changed. sooo tired of waiting on the VA. Any info on time would be great or any suggestions to speed this up.

I was going through the same thing. I have a grant and remand from May 1st. My rep finally sent a email to whoever they go through to get paid last week. He called me yesterday and told me my rating and said it should be implemented anywhere from 10 to 90 days now. Now I'm just waiting for the new c&p exam ordered by the bva and getting this remand finished.

Four months after a BVA decision is not really "expiditious treatment".  You should have received "at least" an implementing decision from your VARO along with a rating decision and effective date, plus retro.  

The remand portion can take a bit longer.  

I suggest:

1.  Contact IRIS and explain what you posted, and ask the status on implementing your BVA appeal.  

2.  Consider contacting the white house with the same question.  Also, consider contacting your BVA ombudsman, and your representative, if you have one.  

3.  After you have done the above, and the VA still has not replied with at least some satisfaction, you can consider a writ of mandamus to compel VARO to implement the BVA decision.  

Thank you for these suggestions. I will give it a try. Anything to keep my mind busy. and good luck with your remand Hume0351

I am in the same boat, received my award on 8/23/218 still waiting on rating and retro.

I will also try Broncovet's  suggestions.

Thank you all.

Once the BVA makes a decision it needs to go to the original RO for them to grant a percentage and release funds.  Unfortunately the RO does not work any faster on BVA decisions in my experience.  My attorney sent a letter stating that the next correspondence would be a writ of mandamus and this got them working on my last remand.  Unless you have someone to file a writ or you have the knowledge to file the writ you need to follow Broncovet's advice and contact the IRIS or the Whitehouse.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By LegacyArmy
      I need some help with my effective date, I applied for Migraine increase on Feb 19, 2019. VA denied it. Recently looked in c-file and the C& P exam results were favorable, it was done at a VA facility by VA doctor neurologist. In the decision letter dated Jun 20, 2019, rater never gave a reason on why the exam results were disregarded. I got an independent medical opinion and filed a supplemental claim on April 10, 2020. Another C&P exam was conducted on june 24, 2020. Va approved the claim and gave an effective date of jun 24, 2020.
      I believe that I can claim CUE here as the effective date should have been Feb 19 2019 since the claim was continuously pursued and rater never gave a proper explanation of why VA doctor's opinion was disregarded and if it was rated properly, I would have got 100% on May 16, 2019 when I was rated for cervical strain. and my 100% effective4 date would have been May 16, 2019 instead of Jun 24, 2020.
      Do you think I have a case here? Any help is appreciated and I can send you all the decision letters if you need to look at them.
    • By LegacyArmy
      Hello Everyone!
      Posting here for the first time! I have been reading this forums for quite some time and gathered ton of information on here and regret using third party services to get my rating pushed upwards but, that is a discussion for another day and probably no point in thinking about it now. Anyways, I would like to get some advise from all the knowledge folks here in terms what my next step should be.
      First of all, I am currently rated 100% P&T as of June 10, 2020. I have been rated 90% since 2011 Dec. I was never thinking about 100% until recently when I filed for a neck issue which was rated at 30% and then I got another 10% secondary condition based on the neck condition in june 2019. Earlier in feb 2019,  I filed for increase for migraines (rated 10% now) and Trapezius strain condition ( rated at 0% now) and the c& p exam conducted by the VA was what appears to me is  favorable and the doctor recommended increase ( ordered and looked in my C-file recently which I got it in 10 months after I filed for it) but, surprisingly VA denied the increase in June 2019 saying that even though the condition has been improved they can not determine it to be a sustained improvement and kept the 10% rating. I got some medical opinions and records and filed for a supplemental claim in  April 2020 and tried to preserve the effective date of Feb 2019. The supplemetal claim has been approved now and the rating has gine from 10 to 30% and with that change, I am now 100% P&T.
      I strongly beleive after looking at my c-file, VA should have approved my claim for increased rating for Migraines and should have awarded 100% back in June 2019 with an effective date of feb 2019 especially after the positive c&p for feb 2019 increase claim for migraines.
      In this case, what do you guys suggest? Higher Level Review or BVA appeal, I am determined to fight this on my own if this has to go to BVA since I believe that I have a strong case especially with positive c& P exam back when I originally claimed the increase.

Also, I am planning to file another new claim "Orthostatic Hypotension" which I saw in my c-file, I visited doctor couple of times while I was in active duty and when I originally claimed after getting out of army, I filed it as hypertension and was denied and I never appealed it but, I want to file it as  what the doctor described it as "Orthostatic Hypotension disorder", since I am already @ 100%, do you guys think filing another new claim is asking for trouble? I am nervous about it but, I do experience the diziness frequently and want to file for it. Any suggestions or advise here?

• By J A
      I recently received a re-exam for my anxiety disorder that I have a 70% rating for. They sent me a packet explaining they want to lower the rating to 30% because of "improvements made". When i told my treating physician about this, he disagreed that any improvements have been made and agrees to write a statement for me to send in as evidence. I'm just curious how much ground his statement can hold against their examiners and if it is likely that they will reduce my rating or leave it as is. Has anyone else submitted doctors statements and had the VA rule in their favor? Is it common?
    • By Jamezam
      This post is in reference to an effective date for Migraine Headaches secondary to a Service-Connected condition. 1. I filed migraine headache claim 2015 or 2016, claim denied. 2. Filed a NOD went to BVA, BVA remanded back to VBA to (Take necessary action to implement the grant of service connection for headaches). 3. VBA assigns 0% rating. 4. I then filed for an increase obtained with an IMO report and DBQ (Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Dr. Valette!). 5. VA increased Migraine Headaches to 50%, effective date 02/27/2020.
      My question is, are secondary conditions and their effective dates and appealability, any different than a Service-Connected condition? I'm confused because the BVA made their decision in 2018, the VBA origionally assigned a 0% rating effective 03/11/2014. I do not understand the 02/27/2020 effective date, it seems to be ambiguous and I can't find anything stating why the VBA choose that date... Thanks in advance friends...
      VA Decision Migraines.pdf
    • By Logarius
      Hi, I am curious and thought I would ask here. I was trying to find out what my effective date is. I reached out to the DAV to find out if they would be going back to 2011 since my initial C&P exam. Here below was there response:
      10/20/11, you filed a claim
      1/17/12, the VA said you failed to report to exams (FTR)
      4/2/12, the VA deferred decisions on your back and GERD
      3/11/13, the VA denied the claims because they said you failed to report to exams in 2012
      12/31/13, you filed for your back and GERD again
      11/27/15, the VA denied the claim
      THIS IS WHERE IT DROPS
      7/14/17 you re-filed and attended exams, that is the date of service connection.  If you wouldn’t have had over a year in between these then they could’ve gone back, but as you can see by the screen shot included, there was no activity between 2015 and 2017.

Does this make sense the fact that I missed just single one year in 2016 of continuous reapplying that I can't go back to 2011?? I've tried to look all over the place to find something in the VA to support this but haven't found anything.

• Ads

• Our picks

• I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
        • Thanks
      • 5 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 3 replies
    • Help HadIt.com stay online buy a subscription
      If you can afford it and want to help hadit.com consider buying a subscription this gives you as free viewing of the site and allows me to budget in subscription payments.

You can try it for 1 month for $5 or get a monthly subscription or a yearly subscription.

Subscribe here https://community.hadit.com/subscriptions/
      • 4 replies
    • VA has a special where we can ask questions TODAY, at 3:00 to "people that matter?"  Someone should ask why we can not ask them questions EVERY day, why today only? (This is a big problem with VA..the 800 number often does not give specific answers).  We should have people in VA who "solve Vets problems" like Allison Hickey did a few years ago. 
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines