VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

bva grant, waiting on rating and efective date.

Rate this question

Troxell

Question

I received a letter from the BVA dated May 24 , 2018 stating that I had been granted service connection for some issues and a remand for other issues. I am still waiting on an effective date and rating. My question is will the VA implement the grant while waiting on the remand? how long does this process usually take? I was ok while my case was on appeal but since I received my grant I have went crazy. I check e benefits 3 times a day and i cannot stop wondering what my new rating is. How long does this process take? I thought I had won my case but nothing has changed. sooo tired of waiting on the VA. Any info on time would be great or any suggestions to speed this up.

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Treysonna,

I cannot answer the second question but as far as do you go to the back of the line at BVA, no, you were given a docket date when your claim was originally filed.  When your claim goes back after a remand it goes to the docket in the order it was first received so you are ahead of cases at the BVA filed after your appeal was first heard.

Another question.  As some of you know my husband has remand for iu and chronic kidney failure.  He was in the hospital the last part of Aug. he was admitted for blood clot in the lungs again.  The diagnosis beside that was acute kidney failure.  Should we at least inform them to the fact he was in and the diagnosis.  I don’t know what that would do.  But it may be worth a try to push them to advance things.  Or do we file claim and link the embolism secondary to a service connected disability.  Just don’t know if we could link to diabetes,  or heart, or both.  The doctor at hospital did say it put pressure on heart and kidney and diabetes..  just don’t know how to go about it all.

wow that's crazy. I still have not heard anything from my ro about rating or effective date. my grant was dated may 24th. I'll let you know if and when I hear anything about retro or rating change. They should not give us a run around we have a judgement for crying out loud. If I call the 800 number I get the same canned response of no timeline. They say i am waiting on an authorization signature but how long does that take? If anything I feel they are rude to me!!! Hopefully we can nail down a timeline. I'm at Louisville  ro. At least we can vent about it on here!!!

That is what they have been telling me for the last 3 months. Two days ago I called the AMC and told them to connect me with the Service Manager.... He looked into it and presto....E- Benefits now shows my correct ratings and I will be getting the retro within a week or two he said. The problem he said is one of communication within. The audit on mine was complete but not forwarded to the authorization official. Until you get the manager on the phone your case will stagnate right where it is.