VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

bva grant, waiting on rating and efective date.

Rate this question

Troxell

Question

I received a letter from the BVA dated May 24 , 2018 stating that I had been granted service connection for some issues and a remand for other issues. I am still waiting on an effective date and rating. My question is will the VA implement the grant while waiting on the remand? how long does this process usually take? I was ok while my case was on appeal but since I received my grant I have went crazy. I check e benefits 3 times a day and i cannot stop wondering what my new rating is. How long does this process take? I thought I had won my case but nothing has changed. sooo tired of waiting on the VA. Any info on time would be great or any suggestions to speed this up.

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

thx so much i will be speaking to a service manager first thing Monday morning.

Thought for sure I would be able to give my kids just a little bit nicer Christmas this year. But I should have known better than to count on the V.A.. 7 months and counting. I am starting to think that the only thing im ever going to recieve from the V.A. is a hard time. Sorry for the rant I am just frustrated and sad. Dealing with the V.A. can make you want to eat bullets!!!!!!!

Here is a little trick I use..pretty much after all else has failed.  I get "checks" from credit card companies because I have excellent credit.  So, if Im sure I will get money from VA "in a few months time", I will use one of the checks.  Lets use an example.  Lets say I have been awarded benefits that I know will result in 15,000 retro.  And, lets say I want to celebrate this Christmas, but am pretty sure my retro wont happen until March or April.  

Well, then I "write a credit card check" for 1500 and give myself an advance.  Often you can get this at 0 percent interest.  Its not a good idea to do this all the time, but I dont like to make my whole family suffer from VA's terminal incompetence.  

Thats a great idea!!! I have been worried about what to do for Christmas. I want my kids to have a great holiday. May 24 grant as of dec 14 2018 still no implementation or retro.