VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP DEVELOPMENT

Rate this question

Jaydog

Question

I originally filed my claim 24 August 2014 and the denial came about 15 Sept. 2015. I filed a NOD right away contesting the results. In march of 2018 I got a notice to opt in the the new RAMP program which I did without hesitation. I figured why not i have already been waiting this long and what else could happen. Ill be the guinea pig to see how this works. I have nothing to loose. So a week ago I got a Call from V.E.S. scheduling a new C&P Exam for next week on a Saturday. Needless to say I was quite surprised about this development. I am happy this process is moving forward and I hope the results are positive. Im a little nervous about the exam as well. I will update the progress of this process as it develops..... 

So far nothing has changed. I know the letter stated they found an error with their DTA.... The only thing that changed was that they split the RAMP claim into 2 different ones with different submitted dates and different completion times. One of the claims only has 2 Contentions in it and the other has them all....I am a little confused as to why they did that. I have not called to ask why because I don't believe I will get an answer as to why they did it. 1 claim is in " Review Of Evidence " and the other is in " Prep For Notification "....I have been in RAMP since March. I don't think they will meet their promise to complete the appeal in the time they imposed on themselves, but at least there is movement and they are actually working on it. I hold out hope that that it will be favorable since it taking so long and I did not get declined right away, but only time will tell.... I will keep posting with new updates as the post....

No new updates yet, but some of the contentions listed were condensed into different wording and like In the previous post they split my 1 appeal under RAMP into 2 appeals under RAMP 1 with 2 contentions and one with about 6. ..both with different dates...I have not called to figure out why because um sure calling will not give me the answer I'm looking for....

Good Day to you too,

Yes i do have an estimated decision date of 3 march 2019 and mine has been in PDA for a few months actually. It just moved to Prep For Notification with an estimated date of completion 27 Dec - 28 Dec. This info just came in today. I have had mine move back and forth many times before, so I try not to guess any more...The one thing that did happen is they split my appeal into 2 different ones with different dates.... We will see what happens because I have Been In RAMP since March 2018.... 

I hope I get a Decision Before the new year. I also Noticed That the spelling is wrong and also it states an ( Increase ) for left elbow condition, but I was never service connected for it also it says left wrist sprain----------- ( REOPEN ). Never opened it, so don't understand that. Most of the contentions say ( NEW ), but there are some wording differences between the 1st Appeal and the 2nd Appeal. Just wanted to share this update...

This Is the first Appeal in RAMP

Status of Your Claim

PREPARATION FOR NOTIFICATION

• Submitted: 03/13/2018 (Appeal)
  • Estimated Completion: 12/27/2018 - 12/28/2018
  •  
  • Disabilities Claimed: Left elbow condition (Increase), Chronic sprain of muscles/tendons of supination & pronation of right forearm (New), Right elbow condition (New), Left wrist sprain (Reopen), Chronic sprin of muscles/tendons of supination & pronation of left forearm (New), Right wrist sprain (New), Depression to include alcohol abuse (New), Bipolat disorder (New), Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) with depression and anxiety with alcohol use disorder (New), Left shoulder strain (New), Right shoulder rotator cuff tear (New), Lumbosacral strain claimed as back condition (New), Cervical intervertebral disc syndrome (New)
This is the 2nd Appeal in RAMP

This is the status of the other claim in which they split my original appeal into 2 The strange part is that 2 of the contentions are the same as the one above just different dates. I'm pretty confused on why this was done

Status of Your Claim

REVIEW OF EVIDENCE
  • Submitted: 04/17/2018 (Appeal)
  • Estimated Completion: 01/09/2019 - 03/12/2019
  •  
  • Disabilities Claimed: Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety with alcohol use disorder (New), Depression to include alcohol abuse (New)

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use