VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP DEVELOPMENT

Rate this question

Jaydog

Question

I originally filed my claim 24 August 2014 and the denial came about 15 Sept. 2015. I filed a NOD right away contesting the results. In march of 2018 I got a notice to opt in the the new RAMP program which I did without hesitation. I figured why not i have already been waiting this long and what else could happen. Ill be the guinea pig to see how this works. I have nothing to loose. So a week ago I got a Call from V.E.S. scheduling a new C&P Exam for next week on a Saturday. Needless to say I was quite surprised about this development. I am happy this process is moving forward and I hope the results are positive. Im a little nervous about the exam as well. I will update the progress of this process as it develops..... 

so as of today My claim moved to Prep for Notification.....The weird part was that they changed the date of when they supposedly opted in to RAMP. It moved from March to April.....They say the claim will be decided 2 Nov-8 Nov. we will see..... Very anxious as I have been waiting 5 Years

Jaydog, I read your response and you mentioned one of my pet peeves.  You stated, "I wish I knew how to get a copy of the report".  Sadly, and inexplicably, veterans must file a Privacy Act request to obtain this information.  Filing a FOIA request will also get you the information.  I contend veteran's are treated like second class citizens, because first class citizens can avail themselves to a legal term of art called 'discovery'.  (And the irony is that they relaxed the rules under the pretextual guise of helping veterans.) 

I am fascinated by reading legal decisions, especially precedential decisions.  Done this for decades, but only recently regarding VA issues.  And I believe from reading countless decisions, that the Judges on the CAVC are of the opinion that veterans get a copy of the exam results.  Not sure what gives them this idea because it is rarely true, and then only when requested.  

If anyone can logically explain why veterans should not be entitled to discovery, I would love to hear that explanation.

Thanks for the reply on this issue. I asked V.E.S. and they said I can go down to my R.O. and they can give it to me. At least that's what they said. I have not tried yet, but I will next week..

I Noticed on Ebenefits that they split my Appeals in to 2 Different ones today. One was for psychiatric conditions and the others were ailments I have claimed.....They both say prep for decision and both have different appeal dates which is odd. One is in march and the other is in April.... Maybe they split them and they are going to decision one and the other they will continue working on, but I just don't know. I hope its a favorable decision and I get to post some good news soon....Thanks for all your support from everyone on here....

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use