VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP DEVELOPMENT

Rate this question

Jaydog

Question

I originally filed my claim 24 August 2014 and the denial came about 15 Sept. 2015. I filed a NOD right away contesting the results. In march of 2018 I got a notice to opt in the the new RAMP program which I did without hesitation. I figured why not i have already been waiting this long and what else could happen. Ill be the guinea pig to see how this works. I have nothing to loose. So a week ago I got a Call from V.E.S. scheduling a new C&P Exam for next week on a Saturday. Needless to say I was quite surprised about this development. I am happy this process is moving forward and I hope the results are positive. Im a little nervous about the exam as well. I will update the progress of this process as it develops..... 

My Appeal Just moved another step.... It's getting closer, but it has been here in this phase before and went all the way back to gathering evidence.... I have to say this is pretty nerve racking..... In some way having at gathering evidence game me some comfort know they are still working on it. Now its game time do or die and whether all this time spent worrying and going over in my mind if I said something or didn't do enough to help my claim along... I am sure most of you have had those feelings. I have been waiting since 2014 after the denial. Its spent almost a year in RAMP and before that 4 years in appeal status with no movement....I am so ready to move past this. There are 2 outcomes. Approval or Denial. If denial I can still appeal to the board, but I just want it to be done, but I will continue to fight for the benefits that I deserve..... I will post more as updates are made...

Current Status: Pending Decision Approval

35 minutes ago, Jaydog said:

My Appeal Just moved another step.... It's getting closer, but it has been here in this phase before and went all the way back to gathering evidence.... I have to say this is pretty nerve racking..... In some way having at gathering evidence game me some comfort know they are still working on it. Now its game time do or die and whether all this time spent worrying and going over in my mind if I said something or didn't do enough to help my claim along... I am sure most of you have had those feelings. I have been waiting since 2014 after the denial. Its spent almost a year in RAMP and before that 4 years in appeal status with no movement....I am so ready to move past this. There are 2 outcomes. Approval or Denial. If denial I can still appeal to the board, but I just want it to be done, but I will continue to fight for the benefits that I deserve..... I will post more as updates are made...

Current Status: Pending Decision Approval

I’m kinda in the same boat. I appealed in Jan 2016, and opted into ramp Aug 2018. Went from prep for decision this month, to gathering of evidence, and a C&P exam today. I guess it will be a few more months, but I’m not getting my hopes up (even though the doc at the C&P confirmed my diagnosis). It’s all a crap shoot I guess... I’m tired of stressing about it, I’m just gonna take it as it comes. Hope you receive some good news soon! I feel your pain bro!

Thanks Firedog974. I checked Ebenefits today and My PTSD RAMP Appeal Was approved @ 70 % and 90% overall....My god it feels good. I did notice the effective date is wrong on it, but the main hurdle was getting service connected and will work on the effective date. Good luck to all having claims on appeal. Its a long wait and very stressful.

9 hours ago, Jaydog said:

Thanks Firedog974. I checked Ebenefits today and My PTSD RAMP Appeal Was approved @ 70 % and 90% overall....My god it feels good. I did notice the effective date is wrong on it, but the main hurdle was getting service connected and will work on the effective date. Good luck to all having claims on appeal. Its a long wait and very stressful.

Awesome news!  Very happy for you!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use