VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP DEVELOPMENT

Rate this question

Jaydog

Question

I originally filed my claim 24 August 2014 and the denial came about 15 Sept. 2015. I filed a NOD right away contesting the results. In march of 2018 I got a notice to opt in the the new RAMP program which I did without hesitation. I figured why not i have already been waiting this long and what else could happen. Ill be the guinea pig to see how this works. I have nothing to loose. So a week ago I got a Call from V.E.S. scheduling a new C&P Exam for next week on a Saturday. Needless to say I was quite surprised about this development. I am happy this process is moving forward and I hope the results are positive. Im a little nervous about the exam as well. I will update the progress of this process as it develops..... 

On 3/8/2019 at 11:10 PM, firedog974 said:

Awesome news!  Very happy for you!

Any word on your effective date?  They screwed mine up as well, and it looks like i will have to appeal (again) to fix it. 

I received the decision in the mail. It states that the effective date they used was the date I was diagnosed PTSD. I need to appeal this to. Its my understanding I was seeking compensation for and acquired psychiatric condition and would encompass all issues not just one. I originally filed my appeal in sept 2015  because i received an unfavorable decision. In the first exame the psychiatrist stated i have multiple mental disorders, but said I did not meet the full criteria for PTSD. Then they stated that a diagnosis of PTSD can only be done by a board certified psychiatrist. I have notes of PTSD in my notes for a long time. Some by nurse practitioner or psychiatrist. I believe they are just hoping I will go away, but they should know by now I just don't and continue to seek the benefits I am owed and deserve.

12 hours ago, Jaydog said:

I received the decision in the mail. It states that the effective date they used was the date I was diagnosed PTSD. I need to appeal this to. Its my understanding I was seeking compensation for and acquired psychiatric condition and would encompass all issues not just one. I originally filed my appeal in sept 2015  because i received an unfavorable decision. In the first exame the psychiatrist stated i have multiple mental disorders, but said I did not meet the full criteria for PTSD. Then they stated that a diagnosis of PTSD can only be done by a board certified psychiatrist. I have notes of PTSD in my notes for a long time. Some by nurse practitioner or psychiatrist. I believe they are just hoping I will go away, but they should know by now I just don't and continue to seek the benefits I am owed and deserve.

Sounds like there is a lot of that going around.  I'm in the exact same boat.  I originally filed in Jan 2016, but they made my effective date Mar 5, 2019 because that is the day their shrink diagnosed me....lets ignore the stuff from my doctor that started the claim I guess. And, just like you, my initial C&P doc diagnosed me with everything but PTSD because he couldn't verify the stressor.  I guess this is their new game.

Yeah, I believe so. I am going to go through the RAMP guidelines and see if there is anything in there that states by opting into RAMP changes an effective date....maybe it was in the small print and we just didn't pay attention.  I have always been under the impression that opting into RAMP that the only thing different would be the speed of the appeal....we will see, but I plan to file a timely appeal to the board and not choose and of the other options. I need a legal mind to determine this not someone's interpretation of the law....I'll keep you updated as to how its going in the process of appealing a RAMP effective date.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:30 AM, Jaydog said:

Yeah, I believe so. I am going to go through the RAMP guidelines and see if there is anything in there that states by opting into RAMP changes an effective date....maybe it was in the small print and we just didn't pay attention.  I have always been under the impression that opting into RAMP that the only thing different would be the speed of the appeal....we will see, but I plan to file a timely appeal to the board and not choose and of the other options. I need a legal mind to determine this not someone's interpretation of the law....I'll keep you updated as to how its going in the process of appealing a RAMP effective date.

I looked t my decision letter very thoroughly, and the key thing they left out was (on the page of applicable laws they based their decision on) the statute for effective dates was missing.  They specifically ignored this statute in my decision, and I bet it's the same with yours.  I appealed requesting a higher level review with telephone conference.  We will see what happens...

I opted into the RAMP and when I got my decision letter, they backed paid me one year before my initial claim (the date that the VA diagnosis me with the condition). Now I was denied for one condition and they reopened it (they found a mistake on my C&P Exam). They changed that date to February 2019, but my initial claim was June 2015. eBenefits shows an completion date Feb 2020 thru Mar 2021. It will be interesting to see if they will back pay me back to my initial claim. When I talked to BDD it sounds like the VA can see that I had the condition in service and the VA is still treating me for the same condition. VES did not answer the questions that the VA was asking for on the DBQ. So I guess I will have another C&P Exam.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use