VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits updates for VA letter and disability percentage ?

Rate this question

Dan T.

Question

Hi all !

My claim closed yesterday (Saturday-9/29/18) per ebenefits. I then went to check my VA letters and the disabilities tab but it shows the same old stuff and hasn't changed. I checked and have seen my C&P exam results and it shows a positive response on my side. How long does it take for the letters and disability percentage to change online ? I am going absolutely crazy. Is this something that changes only on Monday through Friday workdays ?

On 10/4/2018 at 5:23 AM, paulstrgn said:

Dan, if I can ask you said you have seen your C&P exam results. Where were you able to see this?

@paulstrgn

since no one has answered you yet I will throw in some info here. If the C&P was done at the VA by a VA doctor you will see it in your My Healthy Vet info. if it was done by an outside contractor it will not show there.

You can request it be mailed to you or if you VARO or VAMC is nearby go there and request access and a printed copy. I think the VAMC office is typically called something like Records Management.

According to my VARO, Seattle, they don't have anyone or any workstation for veterans to use to look at  their VBMS file where the results of the C&P would be located.

The DBQ results are also in your C-file but obviously would take time to get to there and more time for you to get it mailed to you, even just the few pages of that particular document.

If any of the elders have better information I hope they share it.

46 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

If the C&P was done at the VA by a VA doctor you will see it in your My Healthy Vet info. if it was done by an outside contractor it will not show there.

Thank you GeekySquid, no my DBQs were completed by LHI and QTC. I have requested a new copy of my C-file. 

1 hour ago, paulstrgn said:

new copy of my C-file

Good. Interesting thing about the C-File process and timing is that I requested my mine in Sept and got it yesterday Oct 4, which is not bad for a couple thousand pages. The CD came requiring an "adult signature" so if no one is home be prepared to go to the Post Office. Good Luck

The first one I received was incomplete, only 500 pages. I called and they sent me a new one 2 weeks later and it was over 2,500. It took about 8 months to receive. I am hoping I get the new one as quick as you did, which means I should see it in November. I did not need to sign for either disk...not sure why you did but I did not. Thanks

36 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

I did not need to sign for either disk...not sure why you did but I did not. Thanks

@paulstrgn

I found that odd. It is the technically right thing to do from a security aspect, let's face it anyone gets a hold of that disc and most of your history is on there.

As for the C-file It has been a literal two decades of stupid to get mine.

When I got out in Jacksonville, I went to the VA to apply for help and benefits. I had my DD 214's in hand. They told me they could NOT find me as ever being in the service AT ALL. '

My parents were still alive then, and they had my enlistment contract and all my files in storage in the barn. Even with those VA Jacksonville refused to believe I was ever in the service.

3 or 4 years later VA Chicago finally said yep you were in the service but we cannot find your service record. St. Louis said the same thing, as did the U.S. Navy. Since they could not find my service records, if they ever looked, they refused treatment or to even accept a claim. AT this time there was no "let's stamp your document to prove you submitted it" action at any of the VARO's that I had tried to get help from.

I tried for years to get my records and got the same stone wall. I did not even know the term C-File until 2014 or so.

When I finally got rated in 2013, the VA New Orleans, St. Louis and again the Navy said they could not find my service record, despite having rated me as 70% PTSD. DERP DERP DERP.

I stopped asking for years, but in early 2017 a box showed up via USPS with over 4000 pages of my service records. DERP DERP DERP. No letter, no explanation, no idea which request was being fulfilled with this box. The label did not make it clear where it came from.

There are still files i don't have due to classification and I doubt I will live long enough for them to be declassified.

So in that context getting my C-File on CDROM in a couple months is like lighting. LOL.

I have no way to "prove" that the VA refused help which is par for the course and in light of the known file shredding and hiding as well as veterans deaths that have been reported, more vets than myself were denied help based on bad VA behaviors.

52 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

As for the C-file It has been a literal two decades of stupid to get mine.

That is a story that unfortunately I know is true. It should not have been that hard for you to get into the system, you would have thought someone would say "hey buddy let me help you" but a lot of VAs did not help out vets that way back then. I have had a relatively easy time of it, even though I waited 20 years to file my first claim even though I feel I have to fight for everything I am rated for. The VA needs to realize that their purpose is to help vets and not make them jump through hoops to get the benefits that they have earned. Plus would it really hurt the VA to write their decisions in plain English, don't make us guess what they are trying to say!!!