VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

COLA or increase compensation for 2019?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody heard if were getting any kind of raise in 2019  on compensation or cost of living?

Just curious.?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Buck that is so true. Besides their high salaries don't forget the money they get to spend on travel which is usually in business class or higher. Congress wastes so much money on foolish items for their districts and not enough on what really matters, such as for veterans, social security, health care and so forth.

I really don't care about the cola raises.. they never cover the actual cost of living, and the prices just get higher no matter what... Hell we were better off when a dollar was worth a dollar and you  could get a loaf of bread for a quarter.....  What really needs to happen it to  increase  the compensation rates for all veterans , something that has not been done since before time began

I agree with Richard.  Often VA intervenes to keep our compensation as low as possible.  Example:

In Howell, its pointed out that congress intended that Veterans who are unable to leave their home to earn an income to get SMC S.  VA "twists" congress intent to mean that SMC is for Vets who cant leave their home at all.  

Im fighting VA on this right now..and this is "settled law".  The VA had an opportunity to appeal Howell, but did not.  

Some people may not know that the VA can not appeal a BVA decision (which is favorable to the Veteran), but the VA may appeal CAVC and Federal Circuit decisions.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Richard1954

Well I agree to a certain point  but to me anything is better than getting nothing.

broncovet,

I hope you get the SMC H,B  But be very Leary of any Retro  the way the VA is they will probably come up with some of there idiot tactics  to beat you out of any retro. or keep you in appeals until you die.  I truly believe they do that.

I got TDIU P&T IN 2002 and was never inferred the SMC H.B. by the Howell But that was probably after my decisons on the IU.?  Was Howell used BACK THEN IN 2002? Or was the Howell rule decided later? like in 2010?

I think any time a new provision or rule like the Howell comes out they should look and see how a Veteran is rated especially the 100%vets or the IU Vets. and inferre the SMC H.B.

...But since my IU Decision, In ,2014 I filed for a PTSD Claim and was awarded 70%  so the rater look at my TDIU P&T from 2002 and inferred the SMC H.B. he went on to mention I had met the SMC Rating Criteria and used the SMC Special rating table. 

anyway that's what it mention in my award letter for the 70% PTSD. I have other small 10%that may have help too but the 70% is what got me the SMC H.B.

I was shocked they did that  if they had not I'd never known it.....Luck was on my side I guess.

Edited by Buck52

Thanks for starting a great conversation. We really never get what we deserve, but at this point in my lift, I'm just grateful if the Govt gives us any kind of raise. It all helps!!! God Bless!!!