• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
ShilohLee

Im scared plz help Does this mean....what does this mean

Question

ok so I had a c&p Monday and today on appeal status this is what I found just now....does this mean I was granted the UI? or increase for ptsd?

appeal2.JPG

appeal1.JPG

Yes and yes.  Congrats!

On 10/6/2018 at 7:50 AM, ShilohLee said:

does this mean I was granted the UI? or increase for ptsd?

you were granted both by the way that reads. congrats. I assume you were less than 70% PTSD, and your combined total of all ratings was less than 94% (95% rounds up to 100) or you would not have gotten both.

With IU  there is a limit on the amount of 'income' you can earn over and above the 100% compensation that comes with IU.  you can only earn up to poverty level income annually while on IU.

However your other problems seem to still be in the appeal process. They don't show as granted or denied and one assumes (yeah I know) that if a decision on them had also been reached they would have also been updated.

This means you may still end up being rated 100% Schedular, which is better for you in many ways, including having no limitation on income. This may be important to you in the future. Poverty level income for a single person (I don't know your situation) is 12K a year by Fed Guidelines.

If you live some place where 15 bucks an hour is typical for work you might do occasionally, you could work no more than 800 hours (20 weeks) a year. A typical work year is 2080 hours. 800 hours is easy to burn through in a year without noticing even if it is part-time, seasonal, occasional type jobs. With Schedular you don't have this limit.

even with your other listed physical problems you might still find sedentary work with ergonomic equipment available that lets you earn income 30-40 hours a week, which would be legal under a 100% Schedular rating.

congrats and good luck on the other stuff.

You wont know what it means until you get the envelope.  It sounds like this is a SOC, which means you need to send in the I9 to continue your appeal to the BVA.  

I dont mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I see "nothing" that suggests you were granted an increase.  As always, wait for the envelope as ebenefits is unreliable.  Did you check the AB8 letter?  

3 hours ago, broncovet said:

but I see "nothing" that suggests you were granted an increase

I am curious, in the first pic under Granted it says

"Increased rating, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

100% rating for Individual Unemployability"

That does more than suggest a granted increase, it says an increase was granted as well as IU.

Ebenefits site section for letters will tell you for sure.

Print them out to see what you current disability benefits are, and it tells you there. That letter is indisputable for benefits.

Step 2: Select a letter from the following list.

• Benefit Summary - Veteran Benefits  <--- (this one tells you if you are P&T or UI)

Create a Benefit Summary Letter to show you are receiving certain benefits from VA.

• Benefit Verification

Send this letter to confirm details about the VA benefit that you are currently receiving.