VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What happens after BVA win?

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I don't care about how long, but rather what happens. I read a lot but idk which fits my situation and fellow veterans. For us veterans that have already been receiving VA comp and just won a better backdate; with a lawyer. What comes next?

After you receive a favorable BVA decision, the VARO will send you another decision "implementing" the Board decision, and you will get the applicable retro.  

Its possible to appeal the VARO decision if you think they did not properly implement the Board decision, or if you dispute the effective date(s).  

I'm going to keep this updated.

[10-11-2018] #800: received BVA decision on 09-27-2018; confirmed established backdate; rep says they have 30 days from 09-27-2018 to start working on it.

[10-22-2018] #800: BVA decision is being worked on and is in the 6th stage of 7 stage. Last stage is notification according to the lady. She could not provide any information about any audit.

Edited by 11cvolley
Update

17 hours ago, XVIIIAIRBORNE said:

Hello 11cvolley.  Did your file go to the Appeals Management Center (AMC) after the BVA's decision or the Regional Office (RO)?

So, you are at 15 days after the BVA's decision?

I want to say it never went to AMC. I was denied a 100% rating back to X date, but was granted IU back to X date. So my lawyer said there was no need for an appeal.

Around 15 days, yes.