VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What happens after BVA win?

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I don't care about how long, but rather what happens. I read a lot but idk which fits my situation and fellow veterans. For us veterans that have already been receiving VA comp and just won a better backdate; with a lawyer. What comes next?

11cvolley, if ebenefits is showing that they have determined the lawyer fee then yes, it is likely you'll receive your backpay before December, I would think in the next couple of weeks. Most often when I've received the lawyer fee notification I have received my retro within 2 to 3 weeks after the letter, often before I receive the BBE (big brown envelope with complete rating decision). Good luck to you as well

I had a BVA grant May 1st. Haven't seen any movement until September when my rep filed for their fees. Then rep received email telling them my rating and how far back I was getting payed. Was told it could take up to 90 days for implementation from September 27. Good luck with yours. Mine was a partial grant with 1 remand.

2 hours ago, hume0351 said:

I had a BVA grant May 1st. Haven't seen any movement until September when my rep filed for their fees. Then rep received email telling them my rating and how far back I was getting payed. Was told it could take up to 90 days for implementation from September 27. Good luck with yours. Mine was a partial grant with 1 remand.

Did the BVA judge also rate you or is that up to the RO? I know that can take a lot more time.