VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Status of Your Claim

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

I have no ideal why I'm having so much trouble with my second total knee replacement service connected on the same knee? They did a revision which what they did was replaced the whole knee again on the same knee so I filed a claim on 4/15/2018 and the claim was lost for some unknown reason, then I filed a second claim on 8/01/2018 

• Disabilities Claimed: total knee arthroplasty (Secondary), knee replacement (Secondary), Temporary Total Disability (New)
  • Estimated Completion: 12/03/2018 - 02/17/2019, the new Estimated Completion: 02/17/19 -06/15/19  they seem to be extending my claim out for some unknown reason unless they are waiting on the new budget but I doubt that. The VSO was no big help either, I did call the 1-800 number and asked if I would be getting retro back pay for the 100% temp and the young lady said that the VA has changed some of their requirements and guidelines on retro back pay but could not tell me anything more, My first knee replacement I received my 100% temp with in 6 weeks after the surgery and I was awarded 30% but Jesus Joseph Mary why so long this time? 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

"the young lady said that the VA has changed some of their requirements and guidelines on retro back pay but could not tell me anything more, "

Rhodesia, this sure is news to me- I could not find anything on the net regarding these changes.

If that is true, your VSO should know---but I think the 800# makes stuff up sometimes.

I hope the VSO filled the proper forms for Temp Convalescence.

6 hours ago, Berta said:

"the young lady said that the VA has changed some of their requirements and guidelines on retro back pay but could not tell me anything more, "

Rhodesia, this sure is news to me- I could not find anything on the net regarding these changes.

If that is true, your VSO should know---but I think the 800# makes stuff up sometimes.

I hope the VSO filled the proper forms for Temp Convalescence.

Everything was filed as before so nothing different has changed on my second knee replacement claim. the VSO has not been a big help this time because she calls the very same 1-800 number like all of us vets do. So I have been told I will get the 100% temp but for the VA to keep extending my claim out is just wrong for some unknown reason. I hate calling the 1-800 number because you don't get any information and they are reading what comes up on your e benefits anyway. The VA paid for the surgery all $28,756.20 dollars worth plus an additional $7,689.40 for the help and hospital care and not counting 18 weeks of therapy for the knee have not seen that bill yet. Tri West under contract by the VA under the Choice Care program paid the bill