VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% finally

Rate this topic

pwrslm

Submiitted my last claim via EBenefits 31 Aug 2018, closed today on 10 Oct 2018. 

They even backdated my conditions back to when I submitted notification on EBenefits in May 2018. 

The Right shoulder will be appealed and new evidence added due to a new MRI that they did last month. Shows labral tear due to when I fell last Jan, should be approved quickly because the C&P examiner should have asked for the MRI before ever giving any opinion. This will cost me but will not increase my rating.

Everything here was based on pre-filing prep done by the VA. Make yourself the squeaky wheel so your PCP will get your conditions checked out. They can get xrays and have them read and it goes straight into your medical file at the VA. Nobody can argue with them at that point. Just dont tell the world you are working on claims, if you have legitimate conditions that you need care for just get the care and then when its in process and ongoing you can file a claim without saying a word to anyone. As they verify the conditions your lay statements are the groundwork to a successful claim. Lay statements are second only to IMO's.

Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date
right lower extremity radiculopathy (claimed as sciatic pain right leg) 10% Service Connected   03/03/2014
left lower extremity radiculopathy with left foot drop 60% Service Connected   01/19/2017

right shoulder tendonitis(claimed as right shoulder condition) 

Not Service Connected    

left shoulder labral tear 

20% Service Connected   09/16/2016
lumbosacral strain with intervertebral disc syndrome and degenerative disc disease (also claimed as spinal stenosis, low back strain, lumbar strain (chronic), mild thoracolumbar scoliosis, spinal instability) 40% Service Connected   01/20/2017

degenerative arthritis, right knee (claimed as bilateral knee condition) 

10% Service Connected   05/16/2018

prostate hypertrophy 

40% Service Connected   11/23/2015

limitation of flexion, right hip 

0% Service Connected   05/16/2018

limitation of flexion, left hip 

patellofemoral pain syndrome, left knee (claimed as bilateral knee condition)

30% Service Connected   05/16/2018

degenerative arthritis, right hip (claimed as bilateral hip condition) 

degenerative arthritis, left hip (claimed as bilateral hip condition) 

limitation of adduction of the thigh, left hip 

limitation of adduction of the thigh, right hip 

It will be a week before the BBE shows. Hope it is P&T, spouse gets CHAMPVA then.

Summary of benefit information
Include? Information Value
Include the information in this row You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes
Include the information in this row Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 100%
Include the information in this row and the one below it
  • Your current monthly award amount is:
  • The effective date of the last change to your current award was:
  • $3139.67
  • June 01, 2018
Include the information in this row
  • You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities:
  • The effective date of when you became totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities:
  • Yes
  • May 16, 201

Edited by pwrslm

• HadIt.com Elder

With these combinations ratings  and you can't work b/c of these conditions  they should meet the SMC S  H.B. Criteria with 100%

100% plus 60% you only need a 100% rating on a combination and other ratings up to 60% or higher.. although the 60% rating must be a separate and distinct rating,  I think you would meet that criteria with the other combinations.@ 60% or Higher   which you have.

you should get the P&T but we never know how theses raters can be...but from all these combinations  you should at the least get the P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations pwrslm...Great News Buddy!

• HadIt.com Elder

pwrslm

How did you get a s.c rating for the ''Prostate Hypertrophy?

I have what the Dr says is  benign prostatic hypertrophy.

''swollen prostate ''

I take meds for it but don't have a claim in at this time...I was thinking because it benign?   not to file because of that?  which I am glad its benign.

Dr orders me the urine pads...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use