VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

mental health dbq results and being considered for smc l

Rate this question

andrewdc

Question

Attached is my recent MH eval. I am currently SMC S + K (100 % P&T copd, 50% mental disorder, 30% allergic rhinitius, 30% sinusitis, 20% diabetes ll, and 4 separate 10% ratings) It appears my mental disorder would be increased to 70% since she checked the box "occupation and social impairment inmost areas. in addition, she said my mild memory impairment had increased to Major neurocognitive disorder, and she added new diagnosis of adjustment disorder with mxed anxiety and depressed mood. So two questions, does the report reflect a 70% rating or is there enough evidence to support a 100% rating. Second question- does the report substantiate smc l.

dc.pdf

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I read the report.  The issue of SMC L (Aid and attendance) wasnt really addressed fully.  I think it would be difficult to suggest you need Aid and attendance while you are currently working.  In other words, if you can not take care of your self, how is it you are able to take care of your jobs duties?  

You can review the criteria for Aid and Attendance (SMC L) yourself, and see if you think you meet the criteria.  

I dont think an increase to 100 percent for another disability would warrant SMC L.  If I recall, Alex is SMC S and he has some 240 percent total ratings.  

I really dont know any Vets who are working and still get A and A.  They seem to be mutually exclusive of each other.  

Yes, I understand you are not supposed to be driving, and not supposed to get lost, memory issues etc.  The VA is more interested in actually what happens rather than completely rely upon the medical opinions.  

17 hours ago, broncovet said:

I read the report.  The issue of SMC L (Aid and attendance) wasnt really addressed fully.  I think it would be difficult to suggest you need Aid and attendance while you are currently working.  In other words, if you can not take care of your self, how is it you are able to take care of your jobs duties?  

You can review the criteria for Aid and Attendance (SMC L) yourself, and see if you think you meet the criteria.  

I dont think an increase to 100 percent for another disability would warrant SMC L.  If I recall, Alex is SMC S and he has some 240 percent total ratings.  

I really dont know any Vets who are working and still get A and A.  They seem to be mutually exclusive of each other.  

Yes, I understand you are not supposed to be driving, and not supposed to get lost, memory issues etc.  The VA is more interested in actually what happens rather than completely rely upon the medical opinions.  

what about the mental health rating? Should I assume 70% because that box was checked regardless of the totality of evidence?