VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non-VA care

Rate this question

Through the looking glass

Question

Hello all, 

I receive steroid injections in multiple locations for my spine. My rheumatologist at the VA put in for me to receive the injections closer to my home (the nearest VA hospital is a 4 hour round trip drive, we have a small outpatient clinic 30 min from my house, but it only handles basic needs and none of the specialty care I require). The request was denied.  The advocate that would have helped veterans with these types of issues was let go recently and when I talked to a different patient advocate, they said it’s been a mess since then, as many veterans who qualify for outside care have been hitting road bumps (so to speak).  My question, is who do I contact to find out why it was denied, and how do I approach the issue?  

I am not sure if this falls under the Choice Program, which is being changed:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/06/06/trump-signs-55-billion-bill-replace-va-choice-program.html

But in any event I suggest you call the White House Hot Line for Vets at

855-948-2311

Tell them exactly what you told us here and give them the names of whoever denied the outside medical care.

The Choice Program is a mess, as the article above states, and vets need to complain to the WH.

You are not asking for a lot- amd I am sure that long ride to get the injections is not pleasant.

It might take time to get the WH response. It was over 3 months since I heard from them on a complaint but about a completely different VA matter.

Well worth the wait because of where they sent my complaint to.

• HadIt.com Elder

Looking glass,

Here is the link to Boston Scientific web site for the  spinal  stimulator

https://www.controlyourpain.com/real-stories/?utm_source=google&utm_campaign=brand&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=brand

Edited by Buck52

stimulators are good for some people but its not for everyone. Try  to put a battery on

your ass for life and sleep on it. its not a good rest at night. No more MRI can be done

because of this . I had mines 5 years some good in it and some very bad stuff is in it too. I

use it about twice a month but its there for life unless u get it remove good luck.

Edited by porgee

Porgee,  

thank you you for your input.  If I do decide to go this route there will be a lot of research that goes into it and I will more than likely get a 2nd and 3rd opinion on the matter.  😉