VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fellow warriors...anyone a 100% expat?

Rate this topic

sagewarrior

Hey all! First time posting a thread here. I'm 37, have a wife and a two yr-old, and am 100% P&T as of late 2015. Tried a few jobs but with my back/legs issues, it's been a challenge. I keep reading about these great places abroad where cost of living is significantly less. I served overseas and loved it. Any of you all gone the expat route or know someone who has on their VA pay? 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I lived overseas in taiwan after college while in my twenties. I loved every bit of it. Then moved home And joined the military got hurt (hips back and anything that follows) and have been dreaming of moving back overseas to live.  Taiwan can be very cheap and can be very expensive I'm sure all countries are simular.  But places like Taiwan are very forgiener easy to live.  I'm looking forward to getting my disability problem resolved and I'm moving back .  I made decent money teaching English, even though I have a college degree I made more money not using the degree.  There are American schools. Western grocery stores.  And every day is an adventure. 

Hi, I lived overseas in taiwan after college while in my twenties. I loved every bit of it. Then moved home And joined the military got hurt (hips back and anything that follows) and have been dreaming of moving back overseas to live.  Taiwan can be very cheap and can be very expensive I'm sure all countries are simular.  But places like Taiwan are very forgiener easy to live.  I'm looking forward to getting my disability problem resolved and I'm moving back .  I made decent money teaching English, even though I have a college degree I made more money not using the degree.  There are American schools. Western grocery stores.  And every day is an adventure. Also my profile pics are of me in Taiwan. One is me in Taipei riding my bike . The other is on the east side of Taiwan o  a vacation riding bikes.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was in Taipei on R&R from Vietnam in 70 and I loved it there  the people were all good at speaking good English and they were very nice,  I enjoyed my week there,  did a lot of sight-seeing..I'd go again if I had the $$$ and time.  eh! 

Not so sure I'd want to live there,  but if the USA don't get straighten  out up there in Washington  Its  heavy thought.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use