VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

unable to provide an estimated completion date

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

• Any reason my claim just jumped to unable to provide a completion date for my Total Knee Replacement I had back in June 4th 2018?
  •  
  •  
  • Submitted: 08/01/2018 (Compensation)
  • Estimated Completion: At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim.
  • Disabilities Claimed: total knee arthroplasty (Secondary), knee replacement (Secondary), Temporary Total Disability (New)
  • Representative for VA Claims: OREGON DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
  • Current Status: Preparation for Decision

Most of the time as we near the end of the year, you will start to see this. Last year I had a claim do the same thing, and within 6 wks it was completed. Try not to get to worked up. Good luck and God Bless!!

4 hours ago, Navy04 said:

Most of the time as we near the end of the year, you will start to see this. Last year I had a claim do the same thing, and within 6 weeks it was completed. Try not to get to worked up. Good luck and God Bless!!

Thanks.

I never had this problem with my first Knee replacement it only took 6 weeks to get the 100% temp and be awarded 30% disability, but now I had to have the knee replaced again with all new hardware on the same knee I did not think I would end up with this much trouble for another 100% temp again seems like this time it is being stonewalled until someone feels like getting around to it, and if they do then the Retro back pay from June 4th 2018 you would think they would try to avoid that mess.

VA has changed the way they decide claims. With the introduction of the new RAMP program, there are twelve less ROs deciding regular claims. They are brokered out around the country using the National Work Queue (NWQ). St. Paul, Roanoke and Philadelphia have become "super-VA" rating centers.  Seattle, San Diego, Atlanta and a few others no longer do claims of any sort (other than RAMP). I'm not sure about Portland but I do have several clients there who seem to be getting their claims done locally. As Navy04 points out, at this time of the year there are extra pressures like homelessness or medical exigency that put others ahead of the rest to the front of the line. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Asknod

Do you know if the Waco Tx R.O. 701 Clay St  is handling Regular claims? 

I got Veterans asking me about this that opt to the RAMP and have not heard a word about their claim status??...via e benefits or the 1 -800# After the 125 days.

What is happening Veterans think just because the RAMP Says the new RAMP climates will have a decision in 125 days  naturally they opt into RAMP and their finding this not to be true.

I figure they would be hold ups  for homeless and special medical circumstances.

Edited by Buck52

So True Buck, the VA always comes up with these crazy programs that on paper and the News sound great. Doesnt work so well to improve or speed up the process in reality. I just wonder how long it will take before Veterans go all out crazy in the streets, cause we are tired of having to fight for what we deserve in the first place!!! God Bless and hope everyone has a good weekend.