VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

unable to provide an estimated completion date

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

• Any reason my claim just jumped to unable to provide a completion date for my Total Knee Replacement I had back in June 4th 2018?
  •  
  •  
  • Submitted: 08/01/2018 (Compensation)
  • Estimated Completion: At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim.
  • Disabilities Claimed: total knee arthroplasty (Secondary), knee replacement (Secondary), Temporary Total Disability (New)
  • Representative for VA Claims: OREGON DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
  • Current Status: Preparation for Decision

On 10/27/2018 at 8:30 AM, Buck52 said:

Asknod

Do you know if the Waco Tx R.O. 701 Clay St  is handling Regular claims? 

I got Veterans asking me about this that opt to the RAMP and have not heard a word about their claim status??...via e benefits or the 1 -800# After the 125 days.

What is happening Veterans think just because the RAMP Says the new RAMP climates will have a decision in 125 days  naturally they opt into RAMP and their finding this not to be true.

I figure they would be hold ups  for homeless and special medical circumstances.

Waco is most definitely doing claims, Buck. I know because I have not one, but two clients there. A very sick Huey door gunner and an 11 Bravo who ate a satchel charge. Same for Houston. With any new technique at VA, it takes them a while to get up to speed. Promises are always made and then the inevitable "Gee, we didn't foresee that..."" comes out. I do know that a lot of VAROs who are doing RAMP are sitting around doing nothing and waiting for business. Considering they are supposed to have it running up at the BVA by February 2019, I worry. I almost did a RAMP for one of my clients. After some deep thought, I decided to continue on the traditional path to ensure I win. Get this. My CMA here in Seattle actually called me and asked why I wasn't taking advantage of this gift to Veterans. Aruuuh? Gift? How about denial of due process and failure of the duty to assist? I said it in March 2018 at the San Diego NOVA conference and I'll say it again. RAMP is a cruel joke. Unless you have incontrovertible proof you are right and the evidence to prove it, you will not prevail. It's nothing more than a shortline railroad to a quick denial to clear out the backlog. If the Examiner still feels s/he is correct, you're doomed until you get a set of eyes on it who know what they are doing. The only time I encounter that is if I talk to the rater or DRO personally and explain it to them. About then, the light bulb goes on and they says something silly like "Oh. I guess I never thought about it like that. I'll fix it immediately and get out a letter to you. Sorry." Remember, they trust a computer-not their brains. VA raters nowadays do not know how to rate claims. They trust the M 21 totally. The M 21 is at least a year behind on just CAVC precedence alone. Ever hear of §1114(j)? It's the new SMC for TBI and a revamping of our 100% schedular/TDIU ratings. VA just "reinvented" it several months ago and published it in the Fed. register last week. Merry Christmas, from Bob Wilkie.