VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

why not given smc l

Rate this question

andrewdc

Question

I'm  currently smc s (COPD) + K along with other rated disabilities. I just received mental rating 100% but no mention of smc l. I received rating based on current mental impairment and unable to care for myself. I haven't received actual award letter yet but saw this in e benefits. Any idea why l wasn't awarded L?

major neurocognitive impairment (MCI) - (previously claimed as mild neurocognitive impairment , major depressive disorder, adjustment disorder with anxiety and unspecified neurocognitive disorder (also claimed as memory loss and sleep disturbance)

100% Service Connected   08/21/2018

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Rather than speculate on why ebenefits says ______, I suggest you wait for then envelope, read it and decide whether or not to appeal.  (You will most likely need to appeal).  The reasons and bases may well state the reasons. 

• HadIt.com Elder

PTSD is rated by the severity of symptoms and can have multi-disorders being unspecific ..if your S.C. at 100% for PTSD  and you need A&A you will need to file a separate claim .

filing for A&A

you sure need to watch this because if you can't feed yourself or dress your self /Memory problems  ect,,ect,, VA will assign you a fiduciary  to take care of your $$$ or

You could FILE HOUSE BOUND that's SMC S  H.B.

Normally this requires a separate and distinct disability rated at 60% or higher /with your 100%S.C. PTSD Rating.

the VA usually infers  this as a mandatory rating SMC S H.B.  at the time an increase was approved and critera met.

or for another  SEPARATE claim.

https://www.hillandponton.com/aid-and-attendance-an-underutilized-va-benefit/

Edited by Buck52