VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dropping SSDI, but retaining VA Disability?

Rate this question

Skyler0311

Question

So I will try to make this short. I am on VA disability and on SSDI.  I want to start working soon, and am considering stopping my SSDI in order to do so. Is this possible, and if I do so, can I continue to get my VA Disability? While I will never be fully recovered from my injuries overseas, I feel that I can atleast have a job. I don't want to spend the rest of my days doing nothing. I'm still in my 30's and want to have a life. 

8 hours ago, Skyler0311 said:

After I've been approved? Approved of what? 

approved for SSDI. it is not an automatic thing even with a 100% rating from the VA.

Frankly if anyone were to tell the SSA people during the application process that they wanted SSDI but were planning to try out their 9 month back work trial after they give them ssdi, I doubt they would get the SSDI.

you say you have SSDI so you would have an SSA account where there are all sorts of FAQs, and help lists and even phone numbers to call.

They are the people with the best information on how the program works. I am not sure why that is not clear to you.

Thanks for the info and kind support. I do not like computers or technology whatsoever. Due to my severe TBI and PTSD the State labeled me Endagerement to Society that is why I lost my right to own a gun, therefore was forced to retire from law enforcement. I am grateful for the 10k a month I make and my wifes VA check as well. We live a good life, just wish everything would have happened different, and the govt would not have tossed me to the street when i got sick and hurt. I know in reality that i cant work in fact i have a long road of more surgeries ahead of me, just miss being important and a part of something thats all. I really appreciate all the support I have received from the good folks of Hadit all these years. Hope you guys have a good week. God Bless