VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The phrase: "DELAY, DENY & HOPE THAT I DIE" is TRUE!

Rate this question

hollywoodnc

Question

Hello everybody!

It's been a while since I visited.

About two months ago, I went to my local clinic & received a painful prostate biopsy. The result was POSITIVE that I have prostate cancer.  The (supposed dr.) examiner who conducted the painful procedure informed me that "We'll watch & see how this progresses!"?

"WTF?  NO!  We're not going to 'sit & wait' for shit!", I stated!  "We're getting this the F*CK OUT ASAP!"

I asked if there was any options (DNA, freezing, Radioactive seed placement, etc...)?  His response is "...it is one of those cancers that effects some, yet it is considered as a "dorment" type & can remain for years and not grow."

I had a catscan around 2 wks ago & it was confirmed that there was a cancer cell at the prostate, but my lymph nodes don't show signs of any abnormality as of yet.

The question is...

SHOULD I wait & see what transpires, or as I said above receive some sort of med or treatment?

You should know that a commercial airs "GoBoldly.com" and it states at the opening that "This is a cancer cell being attacked by this persons immune system, with the help of medication."

Can I get some of that...NOW?  Or is this god damn agency going to allow this to metastasize to a point where it's too late?

Further...every four months he wants to stick his finger up my bunghole, as if this is going to show this cell growing!?

So, this supports the phrase,  "DELAY DENY & HOPE THAT I DIE!", so this stupid f*cked up agency doesn't have to pay compensation!  I guess we're a "Burden to the taxpayer"!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes and no.   

While its true, that VA has implemented its "delay, deny and hope Veterans die" program.  The one thing VA LOVES more than delays and denials is when your claim gets "lost".  The VA employee need not even send a denial letter, he just makes up stuff like your claim got lost in the St. Louis 1973 Fire, which of course is a lie if you got out of service in 1981.  It does not matter, they still tell you it was lost in the 73 Fire.  Whether or not its true, or even possible is irrelevant to the VA.  

However, no, not all doctors got the above memo.  Of course, Im not an oncologist, but it may not be in your best interest to aggressively treat this (prostate cancer).  

My suggestion:  Go to another VAMC, bring your test results, make an appointment with the oncologist there and tell him your concerns and ask (someone else) what would be your best choices going forward.  

I can tell you ONE thing..and I just saw this recently.  If you have prostate cancer and the doc removes your prostate, Im pretty sure your sex life is done.  Now, this may or may not be important to you.  You would need to make some decisions about YOUR priorities.  

My father in law was diagnosed with prostate cancer in the mid 1980's.  He finally died in 2015 of issues unrelated to cancer of the prostate or any other cancer.  

I suggest you take a "pro active" role in your own health, but, sometimes "wait and see" is the preferred option.   An aggressive therapy may not give you the best result.  If another doc says the same, then you should strongly consider taking their advice, even if it means buying an opinion of a private doc. or oncologist.  

3 hours ago, broncovet said:

Yes and no.   

While its true, that VA has implemented its "delay, deny and hope Veterans die" program.  The one thing VA LOVES more than delays and denials is when your claim gets "lost".  The VA employee need not even send a denial letter, he just makes up stuff like your claim got lost in the St. Louis 1973 Fire, which of course is a lie if you got out of service in 1981.  It does not matter, they still tell you it was lost in the 73 Fire.  Whether or not its true, or even possible is irrelevant to the VA.  

However, no, not all doctors got the above memo.  Of course, Im not an oncologist, but it may not be in your best interest to aggressively treat this (prostate cancer).  

My suggestion:  Go to another VAMC, bring your test results, make an appointment with the oncologist there and tell him your concerns and ask (someone else) what would be your best choices going forward.  

I can tell you ONE thing..and I just saw this recently.  If you have prostate cancer and the doc removes your prostate, Im pretty sure your sex life is done.  Now, this may or may not be important to you.  You would need to make some decisions about YOUR priorities.  

My father in law was diagnosed with prostate cancer in the mid 1980's.  He finally died in 2015 of issues unrelated to cancer of the prostate or any other cancer.  

I suggest you take a "pro active" role in your own health, but, sometimes "wait and see" is the preferred option.   An aggressive therapy may not give you the best result.  If another doc says the same, then you should strongly consider taking their advice, even if it means buying an opinion of a private doc. or oncologist.  

Bronco...

Thank You for your advice.  I thought about getting a second opinion.

It's a disgrace the way that we're STILL getting treated.  SOME things have gotten better, but it's still far from a pleasant experience.

In RE: to wait & see...

I would guess this depends on the type of cancer this is.  There IS a medication available that shows and/or utilizes your natural defense (anti bodies?) to attack cancer cells.  See: GoBoldly.com.

I also read about freezing these cells.

Uh....I KNOW...It must be too expensive.  That's it!

It does not sound like it would be expensive to "freeze" cells.  Frankly, that sounds far cheaper than administering expensive chemotherapy, but Im not an expert on the costs of different cancer treatments.   

I have not had to face "cancer" yet in my life, except as I posted below.  However, Im facing something pretty big..a total knee replacement, as well as some other health issues.  I have chosen "Option 1", below, and I have a peace about it.  

I recommend 2 choices, and you can do one or both.  

1.  First, it may be a good idea to make sure your spiritual life is in order.  If you are not attending church, this might be a good time to start.  I know several people, in my church, that have been healed through prayer.  

2.  Even if you can not find peace through God, you may find comfort taking to a therapist.   Im sure its scary finding out you have cancer.  I found out my mother had it.  She chose number 1, above, She did not regret it, and neither do I.  

When you say "local clinic" are you talking VA clinic?

Irregardless, treatment for prostate cancer has different treatments based on age and activity, etc.

My dad had it and he left it untreated for 15-20 years, and then when he was around 78 years old, they just blasted the thing out of there, as my mom described it. 

https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/prostate-cancer/types-treatment

Just reading this page ^^^ tells you pretty much everything you need to know, except where you are at in its progression, etc.

If it were me, I would find out who the best doc in you area is concerning prostate cancer and see him for a second opinion, even if you have to pay out of pocket.  If he says your doc is on the right track, then you will feel better going back to the clinic.  Or, he could disagree with the clinic and then you have some decisions to make.

The good new, if there is any, is that it is a slow moving cancer.

Trying to help,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

I would get a Second opinion  and even ask to change VA Doc's &  if you have to ,,,,>check with either a in hospital patient advocate  OR Check with the Hospital Director