VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

L My husband filed a claim  for increase in diabetes and chronic kidney failure sec to diabetes in 2012 and filed a in nod of that same year.  Went to bva they gave him increase on diabetes and remanded the kidney issue.  They told him to file for iu.  It was remand with the kidney issue.  They sent forms to file the iu. we filed in sept.  Then we uploaded info they wanted oct 11.  It showed up in ebenefits as a claim after they received that.  Today it is sayin 0 claims open.  Still shows the remand for kidney issue.  Claim is not showing up in historical claims.  Now yesterday it was showing up as a pending disability, down at the bottom of that pg.  today nothing showing there.  What do you suppose is happening?

Edited by treysnonna
Mis spelled words

6 answers to this question

Pwrslm,  we called them on Tuesday,   They could not tell us much.  We were actually checking on back pay they owe him( husband).   He is retired coast guard.    He went from 80 to 90%. They owe us two yrs back pay.    She told us it went to his pay center for audit.  We called the pay center,  and the lady said she would send us an email if she found it.  So no email.  Of course in the letter we got from them on sept. 28, we would receive it in about 15 days. It had it all broke down on periods of time on how much they owe him.  When bva approved the increase for diabetes and remanded the kidney issue,  they also told him to file for iu.  They sent him forms to file out .  We filed it,   And they requested last employers address, we uploaded that to them.  Then it showed up for a few days on ebenefits.  And on disabilities it showed as a pending disability.  Today claims says zero and nothing in pending disability.   Even if they denied the claim it should have showed claim as closed.

Ebenifits

definition,

adjective
  1. not able to be relied upon.
    "he's lazy and unreliable"
    synonyms: undependableuntrustworthyirresponsiblefickle, fair-weather, capriciouserraticunpredictableinconstantfaithlesstemperamental
    informalhinky
    "unreliable volunteers"
    questionable, open to doubt, doubtfuldubioussuspectunsoundtenuousuncertain,fallible;
    riskychancyinaccurate;
    informaliffydicey
    "an unreliable indicator"

Sorry for the above ^^^^^ post, I just could not help myself.

But, for me, when ebenifits shows nothing, it means that someone has you case opened and is working on it.

I have my claims bounce back and forth a couple times a day when they get near the end.  Then disappear and reappear later.

Activity is good if you are waiting, because it's moving.

Hoping for the best, 

Hamslice

Talked to Vso in Washington and he said completely disappeared.  He showed it went to Phoenix.  Got the name that sent it to Phoenix..  she was from stat Pete.  He said if we did not here something by mid week to call our congressman.  Lol