VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu awarded question

Rate this question

Axilleas

Question

Hey I had one more question...on vets.gov it says my tdiu was granted. The va rep says it’s just awaiting a final signature. I wasn’t aware of this till today. And yesterday, being as I’ve been in a va for a service connected disability for a month now I had requested information be sent to me to file for a a temporary rating while I’ve been hospitalized. I did not fill anything out or submit it. This won’t have any bearing on the already granted award right?? Kind of panicking... thanks guys

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

They might absorb the one month temp comp into the TDIU award.

What I mean is they wont pay both for the same month.

But best to wait for the actual decision.

Then again if you have not applied for the temp comp yet-perhaps it would be retroactive to the date they give you as the EED ( Earliest effective date) for the TDIU... if you apply for it.

• HadIt.com Elder

could be waiting on signature for retro if its a size-sable amount.?

and no it should not have any bearing once a decision is made. other than just waiting on the signature.  Relax Now.😀

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input. Can’t help but feel a little anxious I guess. Is there any way to check on the progress between signatures or is that all backend stuff? The DRO approved it aug 13, I can’t understand how a sign off could take more than two months! Errrr, wait it is the va right? Hah

Yes, there is a way to check.  Go pick a sunflower, number petals odd or even and write a date on each.  Then pick them out of a hat.  That will be your date.  Its actually more reliable than ebenefits.