VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rogue C&P Examiner?

Rate this question

rk4435

Question

I figured out how to access my C&P exam through the blue button and I was shocked.  I have been rated at 20% for several years with an additional 10% for radiculapothy. 

The examiner notes read as if she was examining someone other than me.  She noted no radiculapothy and also somehow measured me at 45 degrees forward flexion.  It is like she literally lied on the DBQ. I have not had 45 degrees forward flexion in years and the radiculapothy is fairly persistent. 

If I understand the ratings correctly, her findings are good enough to get my rating lowered despite being much worse off than I was when the 20% was granted. 

Do they get performance bonuses to screw people?

ROM.png

VHA providers often refuse to diagnose medical conditions.

i have screened positive multiple times for PTSD by VHA MH nurses.

No diagnosis of PTSD by them.

I reported ringing in my ears for years to VHA providers and no diagnose of tinnitus.

I had a spinal MRI done due to chronic back pain and three VHA doctors stated they reviewed the MRI results and all reported I had no abnormalities.

I obtained a copy of the actual radiologists report of my MRI and discovered that my pain was coming from a herniated disc pushing 1 cm into my thoracic spinal cord.

I was Baker acted by the VA in October 2017.

I had called the Veterans Crisis Line for help and they sent the cops to involuntarily institutionalize me.

Was released the next day and the vA was ringing my phone off the hook to come see their shrink.

I complied and the shrink asked me what happened and I said I had a total meltdown.

He responded that I was just having a pity party.

No more VA so-called medical care for me.

Sometimes C&P examiners will make honest mistakes, but oftentimes their DBQs ignore the facts when giving an opinion.

The raters at the regional office will afford more weight to an opinion that is against granting service connection/or an increase even when the STRs directly contradicts the rationale that the examiner used to form the unfavorable opinion against a veteran.

Don't believe in the fairy tale that a tie goes to the veteran if you have two C&P exams, one favorable and the other not favorable.

The regional office rater will find the unfavorable opinion more persuasive, and promptly render a denial.

Favorable evidence is ignored by my regional office raters, and this is especially obvious, now that I am at the precipice of obtaining TDIU or a 100% rating.

The VBA has a lot of tools in their shed that are implemented to deny benefits to veterans.

You have to get in the trenches with the VBA, and fight when they do wrong.

My fight for my benefits will go on.

Yup, I found out a few years after a C&P that my examiner suggested 70% for PTSD and the VA did nothing. I now have a CUE in after reading that C&P exam and seeing so many errors. I also never go to VA mental health. I had one therapist that completely retraumatized me and I never went back, I pay out of pocket for someone outside the VA (I don’t think I’ll ever do mental health through the VA again).

Well, yes.  The VA lets C and P examiners keep their job provided that they mess over you and other Veterans.  C and P exams are very lucrative..examiners get paid big bucks for doing an exam, but if they provide evidence for an award, then the VA simply stops ordering exams from that examiner anymore.  

In other words, the guy who signs your checks gets to tell you how to do your job.  C and P examiners get checks from VA so they are obligated to perform their job the way VA specifies.  This is precisely why many Vets who get benefits eventually hire their own private examiner (IMO or IME) to get benefits.  When you employ the doctor, then you can ask him to do the job in the way you like.  People have a strong tendency to do as their employer so directs, so they can keep their job.  

C & P examiners are one of the biggest reason for denials.

I am waiting for a copy of the actual postumous exam that was incorporated into a denial on a 1151 claim I had pending.

After receipt of my CUE the VA reversed to an award in mere weeks- less than a month-

But the evidence list for the denial noted a VACO cardio  review in detail, that supported my FTCA case and also this specific claim. it is difficult for me to accept the C & P rendition in the denial, and I asked for a signed copy of the actual C & P and the examiner's qualifications.

There is no one in  the VA's C & P list who has the extensive expertise that this VACO doctor has.

When I get the copy of the actual C & P , I am sending it to the Secretary of the VA.

If I dont get it,. Wilkie will get what the VARO put into the denial, that it said. Maybe my RO made the whole thing up.

It is absurd that vets have to obtain IMO/IMEs that can be quiet costly in some cases, to prove their claims to the VA . However that is often the only way to succeed.

A good IMO /IME doctor will follow the IMO/IME criteria here at hadit and also point out the deficiencies in any bogus C & P exam crap you get.

VA examiners are the cream of the bottom of the bowl sometimes.  I had one deny I was even disabled and say I was malingering despite years worth of evidence and a protected rating.  I had another refuse to even read an IMO from a private doctor because she had performed testing on me previously.  That said I do not believe all examiners are bad.  I have had examiners that were good for me and solidified my benefits.  I can only say that you take your chances when you walk into a C&P. 

I mentioed recently that I was contacted by the Accountability Office  VA AO WB, due to a complaint I filed at the WH hot line this past June.

In my recent submission of evidence to them- I mentioned how many of us  get lousy C & P exams -that often force vets and survivors to obtain costly IMO/IMEs before the claim will properly succeed. Every postumous C & P exam the VA did on my husband for the past 24 years was  not only faulty but they omitted the probative  evidence to support the claim. 

But this is  not the prime issue I have with the Accountability office.

It would be great if veterans or survivors of veterans ,who get a C & P exam that is faulty-complain to the Accountability Office:

https://www.va.gov/accountability/process.asp

Their email is in that link.

If I am asked for more info on the C & P situation by them, I have my past C & P info to send to them as well as the fact that they ( my VARO woud not even read my $4,000 IMos from Dr Bash. The BVA did and awarded)

They also witheld the autopsy frm a C & P doctor and withheld it from General Counsel, until I found out. The autopsy was my most probative evidence for wrongful death( I had no IMO for the FTCA case)

I have a copy of my H VAC testimony on that.

But my actual complaint is what I want them to resolve. It has nothing to do with lousy C & P exams.

It would be great  if others would file a complaint with them in their email,if they get a deficient C & P exam tat denied your claim..

Tell the OAWB as well how much it cost you to get a real doctor prepare a solid IMO/IME to get a proper resolve, if that was what you had to do.