VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Newly appointed PT with employee insurance.

Ocean

Question

I have Aetna through my employer, USAA, and have just been awarded 100% P/T. I read through the stuff on the VA website but am still confused.

Does CHAMPVA allow me to get treatment outside of the VA? I am not able to do the commotion of the medical centers and have been utilizing the private sector since 2012. Ideally, I want to keep my providers.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

No.  Your spouse has better coverage than you do, because dependents get coverage through Champva, but YOU (the Veteran) has to go to VA or pay dearly.  I really dont understand this, but the spouses of P and T Vets, who are eligible for Champva, have it much better than Vets do, as they can go almost anywhere for care, but Vets get to choose wether they go to an often overcrowded VA, or go without care.  

25 minutes ago, Ocean said:

I have Aetna through my employer, USAA, and have just been awarded 100% P/T. I read through the stuff on the VA website but am still confused.

Does CHAMPVA allow me to get treatment outside of the VA? I am not able to do the commotion of the medical centers and have been utilizing the private sector since 2012. Ideally, I want to keep my providers.

yep, broncovet is absolutely right........our dependents get choices, we don't.   Someday, maybe????  I am not holding my breath, if I were still able to work and could have private health insurance even with the copays I would be happily paying for it and using it instead of the crappy va.