VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu remand

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

They ask hubby to file for iu,  because his physician said he was not able to work.    We had an appeal at bva they approved increase in diabetes  and for chronic kidney disease secondary to diabetes.  .  They remanded the ckd and iu.  They sent us forms to file iu. It showed on ebennefits as a claim.  We up loaded forms they requested. And they took it off.  We were told it went back to remanded it with ckd.    My question is the Vso that helped to file it said it was a fully developed claim?  So will they make a decision on both at the same time?  When it was on ebennies it showed that it should be completed between dec 17  and feb. 2019.    And are they possibly holding off on paying us the retro on increase in diabetes so they only have to do one audit.  But I really don’t think an audit should go back to the coast guard pay center.    Since he has been over the 50% since 2012.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I don't think they are supposed to withhold back pay unless there is an issue of a fiduciary. From my own experience and what my lawyer has told me. An audit happens if there is the possibility of anyone else, besides the veteran, being owed part of the back pay. 

They could be holding off, but that is contrary to a fast letter they published on something called "partial grants".  

Interestingly, this fast letter has apparently been taken down, and no reason has been explained.  The fast letter said that they were not supposed to withold retro, when a Veteran is awarded a partial grant, even with other stuff pending.  They are suposed to pay you.  As I said, this fast letter has been taken down, but I dont know why.  

How long has your retro been held up?  

If its been less than 6 months, this is not a "hold up" for VA..this is what they define as expiditious..in all cases except those involving VA employees, who get everything straightened out in 2 weeks, no matter what, leaving Veterans sometimes decades to get stuff fixed.  

😧 Back here to update.  The only Iu claim we have ever put in was filed on 9/12/2018.  Now we got this in the mail yesterday.  Anyone have any ideas on what is going on?  And this around the time we filed nod for increase in diabetes and kidney failure.   I know after we got increase on diabetes it was only back to aug of 16.  Lawyers, I think cave,  got involved saying the increase should go back to when we filed in Jan of 12,  nov of 12 was when we filed nod with bva.  But we never filed

What does pending appeal mean?

Edited by treysnonna
Put puzzled face on it. And ask the last question.