VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Re-Examining Military Sexual Trauma Claims 17-oct-2018

Rate this question

GeekySquid

Question

"During a live webcast on Oct. 16, VA's new Under Secretary for Benefits, Paul R. Lawrence, Ph.D. said that VA will begin reviewing tens of thousands of PTSD claims filed by veterans who suffered Military Sexual Trauma (MST) "

https://www.military.com/militaryadvantage/2018/10/17/va-reexamining-military-sexual-trauma-claims.html

Any veteran who has an MST claim or was rejected or low-balled on an MST claim should take note of the above. If you know a vet with this situation, please let them know. If you know a VSO, let them know.

Hope it helps someone.

I was service connected back in 2014 for "Other Specified Trauma" with MST at 30%.  I filed for an increase in 2016 and went to 50% and then I filed earlier this year for an increase and went to 70% and they changed my MH rating to PTSD/MST.  I also have an additional MH rating for Bulimia Nervosa.  It's rare to have two MH ratings but an eating disorder falls under a separate MH diagnosis.  That is rated at 0% because the rating table is ridiculous.  You have to basically be in the hospital for over 2 weeks in-patient to even get anything over 0%.  I wish they would adjust the rating for eating disorders.

I am currently at 90% overall rated with all my service connected disabilities.  94% actually....I have a claim in for Fibromyalgia secondary to my PTSD/MST or my IBS.  I am going to post a new thread about this.  If I win, I go to 100% scheduler.

I think PTSD/MST has been a struggle for me to get the proper rating and I had to fight for it.  

22 minutes ago, Unique11128 said:

Navy4life

I also have PTSD/MST and I have diagnosed with FIBROMYALGIA. How are you linking MST to FIBRO?do you have a nexus if so may I have the doctors contact information?

Goodluck!

Unique11128

Unique;

I am in the middle of my claim as we speak for Fibro secondary to either my PTSD/MST or IBS.  My doctor's are my VA doctor's who are supporting me and backing me.  Did you read the NEXUS letters I attached?  I would suggest you consult your RA doctor and your MH doctor.  Apparently trying to service connect Fibro (a non-service connected disability) to a service-connected is tough but I think I have two very good NEXUS letters that will out weigh the very poorly done CnP medical opinion.  I posted the CnP exam and the CnP medical opinion as well.  He was not knowledgeable and shouldn't have done the CnP exam.  I am hoping the rater sees my two NEXUS letters from my RA and MH doctor.  Again, read the one from my MH provider.  Very solid in my opinion.