VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Boston Scientific St-emulator? Anyone??????

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone had the electro-modern technology  stemulator implanted? for chronic pain!

Not the tens unit

if so what type and what was the medical manufacture? (This one is from Boston Scientific and its for my spouse) she ask me to ask anyone on here who has one of these devises implanted If you had one implanted did it help with Pain and was it very uncomfortable  to wear at night if it was implanted on your back hip? or part of your buttocks?  she sleeps on her back on her right side.

Where is a good comfortable place to have it implanted?  if this devise helped with your pain  but your not happy with it  can you comment on that? 

Thanks

Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

BUMP BUMPING UP!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone use these? let me know if it helps?

It does help with my pain in my back and legs. They can put stimulation

just about any where the pain is through the nerves. Boston Scientific is the 

one I had implanted but the Doctor that did the surgery was in South Carolina.

The most be implanted of your left buttock and yes it be a little uncomfortable to me

but I don't have a lot of meat back there either. VA uses Boston implants also. if she lays

on her right side then the left would be the spot. I once wanted it remove but I stayed with

it. I sometime cut it on my sleep move and it puts me out and when I awake pain level 1-2 

the main thing is getting the leads where you have the pain also pick the programs that you fell

that works for you the best it was 4 programs maybe more now. Good luck this might help

http://www.bostonscientific.com/en-US/patients/about-your-device/spinal-cord-stimulator-systems-scs/how-scs-systems-work.html

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that porgee

Thanks for the Info.

she went in and had another consult after doing the trial run,  they are going to have to use 4 leads and a Paddle type thing (not sure what that is?)  the Dr can't do the implant because her spine is crooked and turn some in the lower lumbar area  from osteoporosis, so a surgeon will need to do the implant  putting the leads to the lumbar down for enough to help the lower back pain and pain in right hip and leg...they will implant it on her left side beings she sleeps on her right side..this is her last resort of controlling her pain   we hope it works....

Also to add she went and seen an eye Dr yesterday and the Dr mention that her getting all those pain steroids injections over the last 3 years  is  a part of the cause she has caracts in her right eye and blurr vision at times...he recommended stop the injections  if she can and hope and pray the stimlulator works  he ex amend her eyes and she needs to have new glasses ..stronger I think? so waiting on them to come back  and we'll see how that helps her eye sight.??

Edited by Buck52

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

My brother-in-law recently had a stimulator implanted to help with his back pain. I'm not sure which brand, but he said it has made a positive difference.