VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Boston Scientific St-emulator? Anyone??????

Rate this topic

Buck, I just had a Boston scientific stimulator put in.  The trial period was good.  The actual procedure is a little more complicated.  They ask me what side I slept on and I sleep mostly on me right side.  The still put it on that side. But I can sleep on either side. Thank god I had the pain pills.  Bu t I’m cutting down some.  I hav gabapentin. That she had given me.  I never really noticed the neuropathy before,  but it has advanced now too.  So I’m getting off these hydrocodon and sticking to the gabipentin if I fel like I need something.  I was getting mad because I was not getting any relief from the stimulator.  I think when you have been put under for any thing they need to right instructions down for you.  My husband was there, but you just can not remember everything at our age.  I got to playing with programs tonite and II found one I like better.  I go back in a month I think.  We did get a new bed.  We had a queen and we went back to a king.  I don’t have all the pressure point pain I had with our sleep number.  And it is adjustable.  I was not getting very much sleep at all.  I stay up late, and I would still be wide awake after three hrs of trying to go to sleep.  Now I go to bed earlier and fall asleep right away.  I’m sure pain meds help.  But dang they make you itch a lot.  Have had to take Benadryl with them.  Another reason to nix them.hope your wife gets the relief she is looking for.  I’m still not there, but I’m hoping to be able to get more exersize.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you treysnonna

they ask my wife which side she sleeps on she also sleeps on her right side, she is going to go ahead and have the stem implanted she is going to use the one with 4 leads for upper and lower and hip pain it has a paddle too?

as well we are hoping this works  she has tried everything else and all pain medications  and the steroids injections in her back  which has caused her other health problems   the Eye Dr has mention that the pain steroids injections can cause her vision to go bad

..so the Dr is setting up a date to have this procedure...were waiting on them to call us back for a date and place.

they said this will have to be done by a surgeon and not the Dr she has been talking with...she said she will remind them again on what side to put it  right before they put her out..this is her last chance at controlling her pain   she also takes gabapentin, hydro,the phypental patch 75g some other pain med's...nothing seems to help her pain  and the injections wear off to soon  they help but  she is getting ammuue to the injections   so the stem is her last resort.

The Dr has said her spine is like mush  not much bones left  ect,,ect,,its all been eat up with osteoporosis. she barley can walk and if she carry's anything like a heavy purse  it kicks in her pain.

well see  Thanks for your information we both appreciate it.