VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP beginning to look dim already...

Rate this question

CH88

Question

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to reach out and see if anybody else is having the same problem as me with the RAMP process. I have been in DRO appeal since Aug. 2017, no real movement. I received the Opt-In letter for Ramp end of July 2018. I opted into the RAMP August 1 and was in VA system by August 8 2018. I noticed after 45 days that e-benefits still showing DRO. I thought weird, contacted 1-800 Peggy who stated that they didn't even close out my DRO yet and shouldn't have happened. Peggy states "We got you," I laughed and said its okay your are the VA. Now almost sitting at 90 days in beginning of November. I check E-benefits my DRO is still open, I thought E-benefits is pretty dreadful. Called 1-800 Peggy who stated "I see you opted in RAMP back in August and what do you know your Appeal is still in DRO." I laughed again and requested how many circles do I have to go into before just leaving this damn thing in the air. I attempt to reach DAV with problems and not sure anymore where to turn. Let me know if anybody else is having the same issues with RAMP? Someone throw a 4 leaf clover my way, thx. 

Edited by CH88

The date it was in the system was 3/18.  Yes, I sent my first claim in 2005 after rehabbing from five months in a coma.  It took until 2017 to get approved for various percentages of disability.  

My case is obvious.  There’s nothing else it could be.  All the physicians that helped me couldn’t diagnose me until they read the information about all the illnessses associate with the Gulf War Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, etc.  

I feel like I fulfilled my commitment and the VA is trying no take their time compensating me.  I just hope the VA gets better.  I’m weak, my brain is lazy, I can’t stand/walk, take a lot of medicines, I have very little hair, etc etc etc and I would do those 22 years all over again.

I have a decision letter that doesn't address all six of my remanded issues. Only three of them were. I checked with DAV and they tell me I am still waiting for a RAMP letter that won't be here for two to four months. I opted into RAMP back in May of 2018. My decision letter stated that after 30 days my appeal will be certified to the Board of Veterans Appeals. All very confusing.

Edited by kanewnut

kanewnut,

I thought maybe its possible that DRO is looking into my appeal? I wasn't sure. I wouldn't mind moving forward with DRO I just wish the VA would keep me informed on such a decision. That away I don't waste my time calling and waste the VA time. After you sent the RAMP why would the VA send you to BVA? That is weird. 

My file is marked expedited and I’m on day 217.  I submitted it about 03/23/18 and they started work on it in 06/18.  I’ve had many appointments and since beginning of September it has been STILL.  Strange thing is that it’s appeal to backdate the date to when I spent five months in a coma.  It took me 14 years to get disability.  The VA’s response to all the sick veterans stresses me out and makes me sad most days. The VA, more than my terminal illness, makes me want to give up.  

Hello everybody,

Update. Last Monday (6 days ago) I contacted VA PEGGY who notified me that they would be sending an inquiry to RO to why my RAMP hasn't been changed from the legacy process to RAMP. PEGGY stated to call by end of week to reference a # she gave me and see if it was change. Called yesterday which is Friday to be told that my process is still in legacy process. Notified PEGGY that she needs to dig deeper and fix this issue. PEGGY put me on hold for a while and returned with a supervisor on the phone. I was told, "Anybody that opts into RAMP prior to the FEB 2019 date and is hasn't switched within a reasonable amount of time (old legacy to RAMP) probably 2 weeks needs to immediately contact PEGGY to have a supervisor contact the their RO directly. PEGGY supervisor apologized and stated she would NO longer send inquiries for this matter and should have been handled with a direct phone call to establish RAMP if RO isn't moving." I am happy with the phone call outcome, but well see what happens next. Hope this info helps anybody looking for info if VA continues to mess around with RAMP!

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure yet about the RAMP?

but reports are coming out that favors RAMP ...it may have some glitches they need to fix but these reports are good to see  as for as speeding up the claims process.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use