VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP beginning to look dim already...

Rate this question

CH88

Question

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to reach out and see if anybody else is having the same problem as me with the RAMP process. I have been in DRO appeal since Aug. 2017, no real movement. I received the Opt-In letter for Ramp end of July 2018. I opted into the RAMP August 1 and was in VA system by August 8 2018. I noticed after 45 days that e-benefits still showing DRO. I thought weird, contacted 1-800 Peggy who stated that they didn't even close out my DRO yet and shouldn't have happened. Peggy states "We got you," I laughed and said its okay your are the VA. Now almost sitting at 90 days in beginning of November. I check E-benefits my DRO is still open, I thought E-benefits is pretty dreadful. Called 1-800 Peggy who stated "I see you opted in RAMP back in August and what do you know your Appeal is still in DRO." I laughed again and requested how many circles do I have to go into before just leaving this damn thing in the air. I attempt to reach DAV with problems and not sure anymore where to turn. Let me know if anybody else is having the same issues with RAMP? Someone throw a 4 leaf clover my way, thx. 

Edited by CH88

Buck52, 

I agree I hear that the RAMP is good and that is why I opted into this pilot program. I am giving information to individuals that may find themselves at a crossroads with RAMP opt-in letters not being validated by RO or PEGGY. Hence, making a stall in the process and end up taking longer/longer/longer which many of have already been waiting long enough. I actually opted-in through my DAV representative and therefore, I thought that all ducks in a row for submission. 

Edited by CH88

As I suspected in the beginning, RAMP seems   to be first and foremost a scheme to manipulate the number of claims on appeal at the BVA. The more claims pulled out of the traditional appeals program, and put into the ramp, the better it looks for them...  ..... The regional offices seem to make some sort of initial contact with the veteran to give a sense of hope, then they   disappear into the wild blue yonder.  Now that jobs are on the line for Non performance, corruption,  incompetence, ect,  it seems the VA is inventing new ways to pass the buck down the line.  All good crooks appoint underlings to take the heat for them.   The bottom line is as long as the regional offices continue to mis apply the 38CFR and deny veterans compensation that the law says they have earned, things will never improve. Veterans will just keep filing appeals, keep filing additional claims, and overload the system. 

I opted into RAMP asking for the higher level review, I also requested an informal conference. My claim closed on the 26th and I was never given the conference. Don't know the outcome, but not optimistic since I never talked to  DRO. Just waiting to see...

Update..A few days after speaking with the Supervisor on Peggy line and relaying the issues of legacy process not transferring into RAMP the issue is resolved. I am now in RAMP and the effective date remained the same as of 8/7/2018. Estimated time of completion is between 6/2019-1/2020, this seems a little longer than anticipated? Anybody have their estimated times be almost a year out at minimum? Thanx. 

When I received the Ramp info, it stated that the VA will no longer be required to perform the duty to assist veterans with claims.

I decided I'd rather wait on the hamster wheel until my BVA hearing under the legacy appeals.

I figured RAMP was just another self-serving pretentious VA scheme. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use