VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP beginning to look dim already...

Rate this question

CH88

Question

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to reach out and see if anybody else is having the same problem as me with the RAMP process. I have been in DRO appeal since Aug. 2017, no real movement. I received the Opt-In letter for Ramp end of July 2018. I opted into the RAMP August 1 and was in VA system by August 8 2018. I noticed after 45 days that e-benefits still showing DRO. I thought weird, contacted 1-800 Peggy who stated that they didn't even close out my DRO yet and shouldn't have happened. Peggy states "We got you," I laughed and said its okay your are the VA. Now almost sitting at 90 days in beginning of November. I check E-benefits my DRO is still open, I thought E-benefits is pretty dreadful. Called 1-800 Peggy who stated "I see you opted in RAMP back in August and what do you know your Appeal is still in DRO." I laughed again and requested how many circles do I have to go into before just leaving this damn thing in the air. I attempt to reach DAV with problems and not sure anymore where to turn. Let me know if anybody else is having the same issues with RAMP? Someone throw a 4 leaf clover my way, thx. 

Edited by CH88

Hi LadyBoxBags,

As someone on this excellent site once said to me: if you give up they (the VA) win.

Don't give up.  I have been waiting for my appeal to be sorted out but I WILL NOT GIVE UP.

H

You have come to the best, right, and true place for advice, encouragement, and support.

Don't give up.

Edited by Holllie Greene
For L B B

I opted into ramp on 9 Jul 2018, against my better judgement... but I figured if it actually gets faster results then it would be worth it.... Ebenefits tells me that   I will receive an answer by June 2019. I do so how this is any better, since I had already received a SOC for all 4 issues, and they were on the way to the BVA. As I said way before I opted into ramp.. The VA is blowing smoke they have no idea how long ramp will take, anymore than they had any idea how long it would take under the old system.... I know better, and I fell for the trap anyway.....oh well...same old crap I'm used to this

On 10/24/2018 at 6:02 AM, CH88 said:

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to reach out and see if anybody else is having the same problem as me with the RAMP process. I have been in DRO appeal since Aug. 2017, no real movement. I received the Opt-In letter for Ramp end of July 2018. I opted into the RAMP August 1 and was in VA system by August 8 2018. I noticed after 45 days that e-benefits still showing DRO. I thought weird, contacted 1-800 Peggy who stated that they didn't even close out my DRO yet and shouldn't have happened. Peggy states "We got you," I laughed and said its okay your are the VA. Now almost sitting at 90 days in beginning of November. I check E-benefits my DRO is still open, I thought E-benefits is pretty dreadful. Called 1-800 Peggy who stated "I see you opted in RAMP back in August and what do you know your Appeal is still in DRO." I laughed again and requested how many circles do I have to go into before just leaving this damn thing in the air. I attempt to reach DAV with problems and not sure anymore where to turn. Let me know if anybody else is having the same issues with RAMP? Someone throw a 4 leaf clover my way, thx. 

Hi CH88

Yes I experienced same but now mine says opt in to ramp we have same date aug 8 18 days claim received but then my completion date went from dec 18 to May 2019 it changed like 4 times and now just sits there with that sooo ya wondering what happened to the 125 days as I sit here on the 91st day and no change what so ever!! 

According to the BVA Chairmans Report to congress, a legacy appeal to BVA is a total of about 5 years or 1825 days.  That is about 15 times longer than the 125 days.   So, for me, even if they dont make it in 125 days, its still a whole lot better than 5 years.  

https://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use