VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP beginning to look dim already...

Rate this question

CH88

Question

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to reach out and see if anybody else is having the same problem as me with the RAMP process. I have been in DRO appeal since Aug. 2017, no real movement. I received the Opt-In letter for Ramp end of July 2018. I opted into the RAMP August 1 and was in VA system by August 8 2018. I noticed after 45 days that e-benefits still showing DRO. I thought weird, contacted 1-800 Peggy who stated that they didn't even close out my DRO yet and shouldn't have happened. Peggy states "We got you," I laughed and said its okay your are the VA. Now almost sitting at 90 days in beginning of November. I check E-benefits my DRO is still open, I thought E-benefits is pretty dreadful. Called 1-800 Peggy who stated "I see you opted in RAMP back in August and what do you know your Appeal is still in DRO." I laughed again and requested how many circles do I have to go into before just leaving this damn thing in the air. I attempt to reach DAV with problems and not sure anymore where to turn. Let me know if anybody else is having the same issues with RAMP? Someone throw a 4 leaf clover my way, thx. 

Edited by CH88

I opted in June 1st.  165 days later I'm at prep for decision with an estimated completion date of 21 Nov 2018---March 2019.

I like Ramp.  I'm in the supplemental lane.  If I get zero increases I will try again in the higher review lane.  If that fails I will go to bva and see a judge.

I like all these chances to win lol.  

Plus...Its all the same to me. I know out of my 9 contentions I'm gonna win at least a few when I get to the bva.

I'm currently at 60 months worth of back pay when I win my appeal.  If that turns into 70, 80 or 100 months playing their silly game then that's fine.

I opted in to RAMP back in May 2018 (it was for a higher level review) and it was decided August 15, 2018. It was denied but it did get processed a lot quicker than the normal process. I am not sure if location matters as far as how quickly it should be processed, I am in Virginia.

With some of these RAMPS getting denied are any of you getting a C and P exam? Or is the VA still utilizing the old C and P's that are dated over a year ago? I know that in this current DRO appeal I have since Aug. 2016 and now currently in RAMP I have submitted a Medical Opinion which the psychiatrist believes "Is at least likely (50%)" service connected. I agree with some of you as well that even if the RAMP get's denied I am willing to go as long as possible with the VA through all hoops to find a competent individual (referring to both C/P doc's and VA). I am also in Phoenix AZ. Originally my DRO was in Phoenix AZ, then was told by PEGGY that Phoenix AZ is one of the RAMP startups area so RO sent my DRO to St. Louis where it collected dust, then since opting into RAMP will go back to Phoenix AZ. I will keep posting updates regarding the RAMP process as it moves along but I believe I am caught in another dust pile for a minute. 

Edited by CH88

On 11/15/2018 at 8:25 AM, CH88 said:

With some of these RAMPS getting denied are any of you getting a C and P exam? Or is the VA still utilizing the old C and P's that are dated over a year ago? I know that in this current DRO appeal I have since Aug. 2016 and now currently in RAMP I have submitted a Medical Opinion which the psychiatrist believes "Is at least likely (50%)" service connected. I agree with some of you as well that even if the RAMP get's denied I am willing to go as long as possible with the VA through all hoops to find a competent individual (referring to both C/P doc's and VA). I am also in Phoenix AZ. Originally my DRO was in Phoenix AZ, then was told by PEGGY that Phoenix AZ is one of the RAMP startups area so RO sent my DRO to St. Louis where it collected dust, then since opting into RAMP will go back to Phoenix AZ. I will keep posting updates regarding the RAMP process as it moves along but I believe I am caught in another dust pile for a minute. 

BOTH, got new C&P that stated "as likely as not" but the RAMP folks quit with the OLD C&Ps and denied everything!  Geez, they even replaced the original DRO with a new one that HAD NOT been in the original DRO meeting.  They did NOT record that meeting, BUT I DID.  +6yr and counting......

IMO, this HOLE (and NO I did not misspell) RAMP thing is just another iteration of the VA Denial Machine.  They stop when they can find ANYthing that works for them, and then they IGNORE other existing pertinent information in the record that would grant the claim/appeal.  Smoke & Mirrors... and nothing more.  Sad, very sad...

Ladyboxbags,

Wow that is shameful. Are you in the RAMP since 3/2018? You say you had many appointments, did they send you to a C and P for your disabilities? Or are you still in the legacy process? I understand the feelings of wanting to give up and just say screw it. But I hope you continue to fight for what is earned and most importantly get the treatment for the disabilities claimed. Keep us posted. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use