VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FSAD C&P Exam

Rate this question

EgregiousError

Question

Who ever is processing my claim is clearly looking after me and I'm trying to be grateful. Not everyone gets this type of attention. But here's the thing. I've not had a pap or well woman type appointment in a very long time, probably 10 years. In fact, I'm three years past due for a mammogram that was supposed to be done every three months because there is a mass visible in my x-rays. This is in large part to the trauma that caused me PTSD. It is also the driving force for me getting help, because I think it's stupid to die of a curable or preventable condition because I am scared of paper gowns and dark rooms. Anyhow, I claimed PTSD and it was approved. My guardian angel also put in for a few other conditions, including FSAD, secondary to PTSD. The C&P is 45 minutes and with a GYN.  Can anyone give me a heads up as to what to expect? I cannot imagine a physical exam being of any use. I asked LHI and the VA, and neither could tell me. The last GYN appointment I had resulted in me being banned from the clinic and nearly losing access to ALL military treatment facilities. I was told that if my problems were that severe, I should go to the VA.... Irony?  Anyhow, any insight into what the exam will look like would be helpful.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This link contains a list of all VA disability questionnaires (DBQ's): https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/dbq_listbydbqformname.asp

These are basically the DBQ's are what make up the bulk of a C&P exam.

Here are the lady exams:

Gynecological

Form # Form Name
21-0960K-1 Breast Conditions and Disorders
21-0960K-2 Gynecological Conditions

You should be able to open those and see what it entails. I assume FSAD would be covered by the second exam listed.

Given the circumstances, you may wish to contact the C&P clinic ahead of time and ask for a reasonable accommodation. For example, if you prefer to have C&P examination staff of a specific gender, ask them ahead of time. You should be able to discuss your concerns with a nurse so they can try to help accommodate you.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

7 hours ago, Vync said:

Given the circumstances, you may wish to contact the C&P clinic ahead of time and ask for a reasonable accommodation. For example, if you prefer to have C&P examination staff of a specific gender, ask them ahead of time. You should be able to discuss your concerns with a nurse so they can try to help accommodate you.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Thank you. Given the circumstances, this is just disconcerting. I don't have anything on the form. There's nothing physiologically wrong with me. There's no check box for flashbacks and spontaneously vomiting during intimacy.  I called LHI and the VA for a run down of what to expect. Neither could answer. There is no accommodation that would make this scenario okay for me. I did forewarn them that I had a history of violence during certain exams and that they should warn the provider that calling me prior might be beneficial. I told my psych care team and they didn't really know either. "it could be a questionnaire or maybe they're looking for evidence?"  Evidence of WHAT? It's absolutely infuriating.  My plan is to go, carry a letter explaining why I cannot go through a physical exam, have a designated driver, take a handful of pills at the first sign of trouble, decline any physicals, then leave. *deep breath*

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I hope your exam goes well.

I found a couple of other topics here on Hadit regarding FSAD. I hope these offer additional information for you. You also might consider sending a private message to the original posters to get more insight on their experiences.

https://www.hadit.com/fsad-female-sexual-arousal-disorder-va-claims-title-38

Please do not decline any physicals.  This might be used against you.  Talk to your doctors about a sedative for your exams if necessary.  Tell them that it is documented in your medical records you do not do well at exams.