VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP appeal closed no change in AB8 or profile

Rate this question

Mercury-Vapor

Question

Hello.....just looking for experiences with RAMP.

I moved my appeal from 2015 and the legacy lane to the RAMP process in June. When I sent my election back, I asked for an informal review. On the 26th, my status was closed and I did not receive an informal review from the DRO. A notification letter has been sent to me, but hasn't arrived. I don't understand why. The only thing I see on the historical CLAIM needed from me box is this line/ 'PROM vsr to fix notification and update participant profile.' Also, informal review no longer needed. Anyone got a clue ??. My claim was for PTSD. I didn't meet criteria for that but did have 'other speficied traumatic etc'...Dr said most likely from military service in vietnam.

Thanks

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Conflicts/confusion about ebenefits is usually cleared up when the letter arrives.  If not, post the decision and what ebenefits says, and we will try to help clarify it.  Bottom line:  We can not clarify ebenefits for you, you just have to wait for the envelope like everyone else.  

Everything else is just a guess.  

Thanks Broncovet for the reply.

I really am disappointed with the RAMP process. When I decided to chose the new lane, I'd been in the old appeal process for almost 4 years with no hearing scheduled. I figured ok, lets see if this works. Despite having 2 PTSD C and P exams with a nexus in one of them as 'most likely' and the other As 'likely as not', I was not given an informal hearing by the DRO. I can't understand that, but I guess I'll wait to se what the decision is. This has been a long road from 1970 to here......:)

Edited by Mercury-Vapor

24 minutes ago, Mercury-Vapor said:

Thanks Broncovet for the reply.

I really am disappointed with the RAMP process. When I decided to chose the new lane, I'd been in the old appeal process for almost 4 years with no hearing scheduled. I figured ok, lets see if this works. Despite having 2 PTSD C and P exams with a nexus in one of them as 'most likely' and the other As 'likely as not', I was not given an informal hearing by the DRO. I can't understand that, but I guess I'll wait to se what the decision is. This has been a long road from 1970 to here......:)

My lawyer and I both requested a hearing. Don't remember if it was formal or informal, but it never happened and I still won. So not all is lost.

2 minutes ago, 11cvolley said:

My lawyer and I both requested a hearing. Don't remember if it was formal or informal, but it never happened and I still won. So not all is lost.

I hope I can say the same thing some day before I die.....:) I happen to think the VA wants to wait us out...

21 minutes ago, Mercury-Vapor said:

I hope I can say the same thing some day before I die.....:) I happen to think the VA wants to wait us out...

I hope I am wrong about this, but I think I remember reading a forum post somewhere that said losing with a RAMP means you can't appeal it and keep the backdate? Maybe someone smarter than I can chime in.