VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone had this problem

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

On 9 July I opted to have my appeals taken care of under the new ramp system. I decided at my age it might be a good idea to get things done as soon as possible.  So did anyone know that when you opt into r ramp, the va closes all your claims on the date you opt in. I didn't know that and when I checked benefits I found this out... so in the meantime va is testing a new website called VA.gov. I went on va.gov and  found that according to VA.gov my claims were decided on 9 Oct, and it says:

" We finished you claim on 9 Oct 2018. We sent you a packet by US Mail that includes details of the decision on your claim. Please allow 7-10 business days for your packet to arrive before contacting a VA call Center. If you haven't received the packet with the full details of your claim decision  yet, you can see your rating by going to your disability page in ebenefits. 

Of course benefits has nothing new listed either good or bad.. and I have never put much faith in benefits anyway because I know it takes forever for them to update the information. So anyway I then called the 1-800 number.. and after a while they answered my call.

I asked the gentleman about what I had found and asked him to verify it, he told me that my claims were still being considered, that not one of them ( 4)  have been adjudicated. He said he could not tell me anything more.

So I  don't know what to believe.  In the old days we just waited for the brown envelope, we never worried about how long it was going to take because we knew there was nothing we could do, and it would take as long as it takes to get finished.

So my question... has anyone gone on VA.Gov ( which is to be merged with ebenefits in the near  future) and found anything concerning a claim only to find out the information cannot be verified anywhere else..... 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

17 hours ago, Richard1954 said:

I went on va.gov and  found that according to VA.gov my claims were decided on 9 Oct, and it says

uhmmm what links did you click, exactly, on va.gov?

I just went there to see what it says about my claims and it is exactly what the announcement for va.gov said it would be, a portal linking to the various other va sites.

so what url was exactly where you found that information that you are saying shows your claim as closed?

I did the RAMP appeal too and what this does is lump this with any current claims you have and its treated this way from what i was told. I logged in today and saw that today 10/31 the appeal decision was made and they send out a packet. So ebenfits did have this much updated. My combined disability is still the same so i assume its either lacking behind or denied. I called VA and rep confirmed closed but did not say decision as its legal / law stuff and that was a headache. So I will have to wait 10 days or so to see that i was probably denied. Or pray Ebenifits gets updated and i see the increase.

I just asked the question today if anyone has had this happen. A decision is made on Ebenifits but rating stayed the same then changed the next day or so..

As for the RAMP, I first did the appeal 9/2017, entered the RAMP 8/7/2018 and received decision today 10/31 so that was fast.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use