VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

appeal granted shows New Claim Attorney Fees

Rate this question

air1

Question

My appeal was granted and sent back to the regional office with a remand on IU. This was on August 2, 2018.I check on benefits and it shows a new claim, I did not file the new claim so when I checked it shows a claim for attorneys fees dated 10/31/2018. Can you tell me what this may be and is this a sign that my rating and remand has been completed.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Well, yes, I agree with vetquest.  This shouts, "You need an IN PERSON IME/IMO" to refute this.  Your lawyer may be able to point you in the right direction.  

However,  You should read your cfile, as the VA may not have done so, it would not be the first time.  The refutation of VA's denial may already be there, in black and white, but you wont know that until you get/read your cfile.  The VA loves to "top sheet" vets...that is, craft a denial without reading your file, but only reading a page or two.  Your lawyer should be able to tell you if you have been added to the long list of "top sheet" denied Vets.  

The BVA decision deemed limited probative value to VA examination because it was based on inaccurate medical history and ignored competent and credible lay statements regarding continuous nightmares since service. The VA rater ignores the BVA decision on probative value and gives the VA examination value in its denial. It also states MD H. E. did not do an in-person exam because he had me total social and occupational impairment due to mental health conditions, but I saw him in office and was prescribed meds.SSA records Adult Function questionnaire in my records show statements of me afraid of police after assault and nightmares, me spitting on the floor in OR, not getting along with bosses and how I do not trust people, I just like being alone, all this in SSA records in my file. they did not read my file. I check vets.gov and my file shows sent to BVA.I  thought they wait 30 days. Well, at least money maybe come now.

43 minutes ago, air1 said:

The BVA decision deemed limited probative value to VA examination because it was based on inaccurate medical history and ignored competent and credible lay statements regarding continuous nightmares since service. The VA rater ignores the BVA decision on probative value and gives the VA examination value in its denial. It also states MD H. E. did not do an in-person exam because he had me total social and occupational impairment due to mental health conditions, but I saw him in office and was prescribed meds.SSA records Adult Function questionnaire in my records show statements of me afraid of police after assault and nightmares, me spitting on the floor in OR, not getting along with bosses and how I do not trust people, I just like being alone, all this in SSA records in my file. they did not read my file. I check vets.gov and my file shows sent to BVA.I  thought they wait 30 days. Well, at least money maybe come now.

It'll take some time. I had no remands. Only an award for more backdate that the BVA determined. All the RO has to do it the paperwork; which, they started on oct-24. They are saying ETA is Jan-19th now. For some reason its gonna take the RO over a month to do simple math. IE: how much my lawyer gets.

You mention many things but one thing seems to be missing.  You have not stated that you have not been working or in the alternative that your condition causes you to miss a substantial amount of work.  In this regard let me remind all that the VA has the ability to check your IRS records.  Perhaps this could be the roadblock, but cannot be certain because you do not address it.

I have not worked since 2012, I was working but got fired because always late to work overslept due to nightmares weekly. Lost several jobs during that time, written up, suspended etc. I then stress chest pain, heart cath. Later at VA for treatment afterward (mental and nightmares). I have been on 4 meds for the mental condition.