• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
air1

appeal granted shows New Claim Attorney Fees

Question

My appeal was granted and sent back to the regional office with a remand on IU. This was on August 2, 2018.I check on benefits and it shows a new claim, I did not file the new claim so when I checked it shows a claim for attorneys fees dated 10/31/2018. Can you tell me what this may be and is this a sign that my rating and remand has been completed.

You mention many things but one thing seems to be missing.  You have not stated that you have not been working or in the alternative that your condition causes you to miss a substantial amount of work.  In this regard let me remind all that the VA has the ability to check your IRS records.  Perhaps this could be the roadblock, but cannot be certain because you do not address it.

I have not worked since 2012, I was working but got fired because always late to work overslept due to nightmares weekly. Lost several jobs during that time, written up, suspended etc. I then stress chest pain, heart cath. Later at VA for treatment afterward (mental and nightmares). I have been on 4 meds for the mental condition.

I agree this will take an inperson  IME- but

"It also states MD H. E. did not do an in-person exam because he had me total social and occupational impairment due to mental health conditions, but I saw him in office and was prescribed meds."

That would involve some treatment records. Did you authiorize the VA to get those records?

If you get them it could help turn this around-also did Dr H. E. follow the IMO criteria here to the letter?

Did he have a copy of the C & P exam as well as whatever opopinion Dr. Atkinson gave them?

Who is Dr. John Atkinson- does he work for VA or was he a treating private physician?

They have sent it back to BVA already?

I suggest you go over this article carefully :

https://cck-law.com/news/faq-friday-board-remands/

(just to make sure they are handling this correctly)

Your SSA award is for non SC disabilities so that will not help.

Have you already posted the BVA Docket # here?

The VA has those records because the rater use them as her evidence(MD E K) MD E.K.  did not have MD Atkinson records because i saw him first and then MD Atkinson was referred by my lawyer, and I then with you guys help on Hadit found MD Valette who review my entire record and wrote a great IMO.MY docket #15-27-808.They also shorten my retro and I called Peggy and he told me to put in an audit ($3000).when does dependent money come? Thanks, everyone. I will support the site for others.