VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

appeal granted shows New Claim Attorney Fees

Rate this question

air1

Question

My appeal was granted and sent back to the regional office with a remand on IU. This was on August 2, 2018.I check on benefits and it shows a new claim, I did not file the new claim so when I checked it shows a claim for attorneys fees dated 10/31/2018. Can you tell me what this may be and is this a sign that my rating and remand has been completed.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I agree this will take an inperson  IME- but

"It also states MD H. E. did not do an in-person exam because he had me total social and occupational impairment due to mental health conditions, but I saw him in office and was prescribed meds."

That would involve some treatment records. Did you authiorize the VA to get those records?

If you get them it could help turn this around-also did Dr H. E. follow the IMO criteria here to the letter?

Did he have a copy of the C & P exam as well as whatever opopinion Dr. Atkinson gave them?

Who is Dr. John Atkinson- does he work for VA or was he a treating private physician?

They have sent it back to BVA already?

I suggest you go over this article carefully :

https://cck-law.com/news/faq-friday-board-remands/

(just to make sure they are handling this correctly)

Your SSA award is for non SC disabilities so that will not help.

Have you already posted the BVA Docket # here?

The VA has those records because the rater use them as her evidence(MD E K) MD E.K.  did not have MD Atkinson records because i saw him first and then MD Atkinson was referred by my lawyer, and I then with you guys help on Hadit found MD Valette who review my entire record and wrote a great IMO.MY docket #15-27-808.They also shorten my retro and I called Peggy and he told me to put in an audit ($3000).when does dependent money come? Thanks, everyone. I will support the site for others.